The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Necro/FF = unreal

Xandyr

5 hours ago, Raikao said:

How long does it take you to kill AVs? I don't see any -regen which is why I'm considering going cold instead.

Depends on the av, solo tf's, very very fast, - regen seems to be irrelevant, dps is everything. GM's are another matter, envenomed daggers are required. I have a necro/cold too its debuffs are miles better than the bubblers tiny - resistance, i don't know why i prefer playing the bubbler i just do. Probably because i don't have sorcery's enflame on the /cold. Yet.

6 hours ago, Raikao said:

So just to confirm: Power Boost works with ForceField buffs (deflection, insulation, dispersion) but it does not work with ColdManipulation (Ice Shield, Glacial Shield, Arctic Fog)?

If so what's the reason for that? Seems unintuitive.

Because the Cold shields also boost resistance. The live devs never intended power boost to work on resistance so they flagged powers that had resistance in them to not get boosted. It's been like that since i6 when Cold was released.

Force Field's defense has always benefitted from power boost. The +resistance to toxic in deflection shield though is relatively new and when it was coded it was flagged to not enhance the resistance in the power.

Realistically someone could make an argument/suggestion in the suggestion box about equity in how power boost effects powers with defense and resistance. Whether or not it gets looked at is beyond me. Cold is still really good even without benefiting from power boost.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

7 hours ago, Raikao said:

So just to confirm: Power Boost works with ForceField buffs (deflection, insulation, dispersion) but it does not work with ColdManipulation (Ice Shield, Glacial Shield, Arctic Fog)?

If so what's the reason for that? Seems unintuitive.

That's correct, you can look at City of Data to see if there's a flag to ignore boosts, such as:

image.png.4b7280e9d3278d9b06dadd6cdf8a793a.png

The why boils down to, Cold Shield have enhanceable resistance and boosting resists has weird consequences that includes boosting damage.  I saw this in action for myself when Fade was affected by PB, my damage would increase.  Fade, needless to say, is not affected by boosts now.

ETA - oh I didn't see a new page with answers when I posted this.  Not gonna delete it though.

Edited by Hedgefund

1 hour ago, Meknomancer said:

Depends on the av, solo tf's, very very fast, - regen seems to be irrelevant, dps is everything. GM's are another matter, envenomed daggers are required. I have a necro/cold too its debuffs are miles better than the bubblers tiny - resistance, i don't know why i prefer playing the bubbler i just do. Probably because i don't have sorcery's enflame on the /cold. Yet.

Ok you have to explain Enflame to me. I've never used it. Isn't it just a little fire trail your buffed target leaves as it runs? That wouldn't even work most of the time if your target stands still or only runs at the enemy. I'm curious though.

41 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

That's correct, you can look at City of Data to see if there's a flag to ignore boosts, such as:

image.png.4b7280e9d3278d9b06dadd6cdf8a793a.png

The why boils down to, Cold Shield have enhanceable resistance and boosting resists has weird consequences that includes boosting damage.  I saw this in action for myself when Fade was affected by PB, my damage would increase.  Fade, needless to say, is not affected by boosts now.

ETA - oh I didn't see a new page with answers when I posted this.  Not gonna delete it though.

well that sucks to be honest. Cold requires more defense just baseline. But if you can't boost it, that leaves only Robots. Thugs and Beasts don't get enough. I mean that just really sucks. It has the same bubbles as a mechanic and you can't power boost.

Necro/FF it is then.

12 hours ago, Raikao said:

well that sucks to be honest. Cold requires more defense just baseline. But if you can't boost it, that leaves only Robots. Thugs and Beasts don't get enough. I mean that just really sucks. It has the same bubbles as a mechanic and you can't power boost.

Necro/FF it is then.

Most pets can hit softcap with Cold. Beasts, Thugs, Bots and Ninjas can all get there. Mercs should be able to get softcap range/AoE. Enflame has a PBAoE aura when a target is standing still. Small radius, probably 7'.

13 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

Here's my Thugs/Cold getting well in excess of soft cap.

image.png.470390c438cac4325796484caa4c158a.png

Well Beasts get 4.5% from the T2. I don't know if those perfectly stack with 100% uptime. Enforcers give 8.466% without any def slotted. Thugs showing again, that they're top tier I guess :P

So Thugs/Cold would work then. Bots/Cold as well. I guess that's something. And in this case I was going for 59% defense. Current build gets 58,6% without bending over backwards with slotting.

On 8/15/2023 at 4:23 PM, Raikao said:

Ok you have to explain Enflame to me. I've never used it. Isn't it just a little fire trail your buffed target leaves as it runs? That wouldn't even work most of the time if your target stands still or only runs at the enemy. I'm curious though.

You can toss enflame on a hard target or a pet (i prefer a boss/av/gm) and it tics away working a lot like a pseudopet so if you toss a bunch of damage procs in they have a chance to fire off when applied and then something like once/10 seconds after which is useful in av fights. And it looks cool. And takes lots of good sets.

• Thumbs Up 1