Empathy questions

Xandyr

Greetings all !

I've not played Empathy since about issue 5 on Live. Someone that has ran with my SG has recently been talking about how her Empath has been such a valuable asset on some HM content...well, any content actually.  So it got me thinking that maybe I should revisit the powerset after all these years.

Now, on Live I had an Empathy/Electric defender. He ended up being nothing but a heal bot. Took everything from Empathy, and like 3 attacks. All slots were dedicated to Empathy powers and Leadership. I played him before IOs, and before ED., if that tells you anything.

Anyway, think I'm gonna give it another shot, and decided to pair it with Water. Figured he would be an ex priest who performed exorcists, but left the church because of too much red tape. There were more so many exorcisms that needed to be done, but he had to get "approval" before he could do anything.  While waiting for said approval, some of the subjects perished, when he knew he could have saved them.

His Water Blast powers are Holy Water that he uses, while using his Faith and divine powers to Heal. 

So, my question is what kind of recharge are other Empaths getting Recovery and Regeneration Auras down to? In Mids the build I slapped together have those 2 powers recharging in like 120 seconds, with duration of 90 seconds.

Since it's been decades since I've played Empathy,  anyone care to share thoughts on it now, suggested slotting, etc? I would greatly appreciate it. 

- X

Its entirely possible your the first water/emp corr. Recharge numbers sound good, same as any fender ones i've seen. Have you considered bumping it a little by slotting an ff+rech in water burst and geyser?

Edited by Meknomancer
spelling

120 seconds definitely sounds like a high recharge build ... but that's how I tend to build them for team play, recharge, more recharge and a side of recharge.

I typically take everything except Resurrect and Absorb Pain.  I've not done enough HM but definitely reconsidering taking one or both as well as forsaking some recharge for better defenses for such content.  A dead Empath buffs, heals or blasts no one (which is a big strike against AP).  

Fortitude would almost certainly get 3 slots (2 Membranes, 1 LotG 7.5) because slots are precious, very precious.  Just an interesting side note Gaussian's BU proc works in Fort and potentially fires more frequently than in Tidal Forces or Soul Drain with its 60 sec base recharge.  Fortitude buffs teammate you get the procs buff.

Definitely running Tactics and Maneuvers especially for HM.  I'd almost certainly also have Assault and Vengeance just because at their hearts most of my Empaths are based on Green Machine requirements.  Assault also has Taunt resistance and Vengeance well holds a LotG 7.5 and hopefully doesn't see much actual use but ...

For HM going to grab either Power Boost or PBU.

Personal preference of making my Auras have close to the same cool down.  That way when one is ready both are.  Position and cast.  No trying to watch 2 different timers.  Tend to 3 slot Recovery Aura.  Usually 1 recharge, 2 Endmod/recharge and I'd boost them if planning on HM.  RegenAura these days gets 5 of either Doctored Wounds or Panacea.  Endmod no longer needed.

Never ran and haven't really played in Mids with Water Blast.  But any Corruptor build with Water Blast built for recharge should work well.  (Makes note to add a Water Blast Empath to my roster).