Updated Mids doesn't open old builds

Outrider_01

Getting frustrated here, couldn't down load a mid builds from forums for over half a year, now I find it and my old builds won't open the files clicking on the the saved build, have to open everyone from after opening the program.  A majority of the builds do not open, they just end up corrupted.

The old version I had couldn't open the forum posted builds, now it won't open many builds straight from the forums and then it corupts them.  I think it has powers at the new levels where its now available sooner but displays inncorret at the old levels.

Are there any solutions?

• Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

• 3 weeks later

Not a Mids Dev here but just put in the newest version (3.5.3 I believe because I am not at home).  It does use a new file extension but all of my builds except my Masterminds do import and do so apparently correctly.  Masterminds are the only one I am seeing it throw multiple alerts on and don't open.  Will be putting in the Discord channel when I get home.  Happened with all four MMs (and only the four MM's).  Mercs, Demons, Necro and Thugs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I'm having the opposite problem; legacy builds (with the .mxd file type) open just fine, but any time I try to open a build with the new .mbd file type, Mids freezes and I have to close it.  This happens with old files I've edited and saved with the new .mbd file type and files created originally in the .mbd file type. I have no idea why or what's going on.  I've posted on the Mids Discord about this, too.

Overall, this leads me to dislike the .mbd file type!  😠  😛 

Edited to add: I can open an .mbd file from File Explorer, just not from the Mids app itself, so this isn't totally app-breaking, but it is frustrating.

Edited by Shocktacular
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

• 4 weeks later
On 5/3/2023 at 7:45 PM, Shocktacular said:

Edited to add: I can open an .mbd file from File Explorer, just not from the Mids app itself, so this isn't totally app-breaking, but it is frustrating.

I'm having this same issue. Did you ever find a fix for it?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Parthenon said:

I'm having this same issue. Did you ever find a fix for it?

No. Not yet.

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

• 2 weeks later