AR Dev solo Redside run

Snarky

Time for me to solo Redside again.  This time it will be on a AR Dev Blaster. 

Concept.  Thug comes to Paragon to steal a truck and gets turned into a vampire.  Has no real powers besides a refusal to die.  So....he finds a local fence and starts grabbing all the tech he can get and firepower.  Sunscreen field generator.  Expensive but important! Grenades, guns, teleporters, get everything!

Rules.   (Redside, there are no rules....) All P2W goodies.  Rolling Rogue.  Will be semi casually badging the entire game as I level.  Stop exp at 4, 7, 8, 9, 14, 19, 24, 29, 34, 39, 44 to do ALL Redside contacts and side missions.  Complete all Redside content in each level range before moving on.  Almost all content completed at the last level it is offered.  20-40 done at 40.  35-50 done at 50.  20-29 done at 29. Roll through DFBx4 and then DiBx4 for buffs lasting to 22 then 30.  Cash no object, idea is to crush the missions using every tech 'cheat' the rogue can scrounge.

Fun stuff: Costume will 'evolve' over time from Vamp in street clothes at 1 to a slight tech outfit with rocket boots and jet pack when Fly power is added at 8.  Then way later when body armor power from munitions mastery is added at 35 I will add some more armored looking pieces.  Can;t decide if I will add a helmet then....probably?  maybe not.

Edited by Snarky
  • Thumbs Up 4

It's funny that I was thinking about doing something similar to this (save the vampire aspect).  I have never really done the red-side missions (even when live), so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  With the changes to AR (which I have been playing with on my blue-side Time/AR defender), I wanted to use AR as my primary.  I also don't usually play blasters, so my thought was to run an AR blaster red side.

How is it going thus far?  I was going to focus on AoE with some ST thrown in (bosses, etc.).  Also, running Devices sounds like it would be fun!  I didn't want to use Tactical Arrow as a secondary since I never like the concept of having to constantly switch between the rifle and the bow.  Also, any thoughts about your build/power preferences?

• Like 1

Doing good so far.  Finished all content through 9 and just have 3 contacts in 10-14 left before moving on.  Caltrops of course works wonders on big pulls. I had a choice between bean bag and hasten and chose bean bag.  The damage is meh okay as a finisher now but the stun is very nice on a pull.  Caltrops down.  The +60% damage on first strike from targeting drone with a Sniper Rifle puts down a lot of stuff. Stun another and you usually just have one Lt or minion running at you….through caltrops.  Of course strategy will change in the higher levels 

Did a Posi1 last night.  I even asked people not to go near the steps.  Two people hopped right up there as I watched.  I dropped caltrops and the team fought everything at the bottom of the steps.  I ate a large purple and two med reds. I have a bunch of P2W nades and as I was the only Blaster I just unleashed hell.  Between that and the two AoEs and a couple good ST I was Fing things up.  We did not wipe!   

I have a one Incarnated now AR Dev, but this will help me refine power choices and playstyle, as well as being a lot of fun.  On my third day, 200 badges in and will have 300 today (I location badge at the end of the night to hit goal). 

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1