Loop Hero Badge guide

Voltor

LOOP HERO Badge Guide

Get mission from Ouro Crystal in your SG base
SG base teleporter to Brickstown
Go into the Train for the first mission
Get all 4 glowies then run to the exit. 3 glowies are always in the same spot, the 4th is random

If you are teamed with others leave some at the door with ATT or teleport.

You do NOT need to clear the map of enemies

Mission 2: Street sweep 10 Freakshow, MUST be in Brickstown
On subsequent runs, before you get this mission select the dialog that allows you to skip M1dway.
This will  save you some time.

Mission 3: save the Hacker

stealth to end of map, defeat Guards, knock hacker senseless, search them for info

WARNING: only the mission leader can speak to the hacker.

Mission 4: defeat Freakshow boss
Dialog with Longbow at the start:
1. "I'm here for the Freakshow"
2. "Whatever you heard about me is wrong"
3. "I'm telling the truth"
4. "Explain mission"
Door is now unlocked without fighting the longbow
Stealth/speed to end of map, defeat Ms Thystle, click through dialog until exit button appears

There is a Super Stunner Freakshow boss, but he can be skipped at this time. Go straight to Ms Thystle.

WARNING: Longbow and Ms. Thystle will only talk to the Mission leader

Mission 5: Talk to M1dway in Striga (this can be skipped in subsequent runs)

This mission is a talk mission so Mission Transporter/Team Transporter will do you no good.

Mission 6: Recover the Mutant   

WARNING: Frostfire, Mender Roebuck and Marcus will only talk to the mission leader

Talk to Frostfire, and select the following dialog in this order
1. He's a danger to everyone
2. His father?!
3. The Doctor is horrible, yes
4. You're right. I can't force him to go home. He's free to go.

This ends the mission and you have chosen the option to release him. Check your souvenir list.

On all subsequent runs choose the dialog in this order:
1. He's a danger to everyone
2. His father?!
3. The Doctor is horrible, yes
4. maybe I can convince him. We can bring Dr. Stribbling to justice together.

Then you can go inside and talk to Marcus. Just choose the options to fight him, but be warned that Frostfire
will join in the fight against you, unless you chose different dialog options to fight Frostfire outside first.

When Marcus is defeated click on him to select mission outcomes:

Let him go
Arrest him
Return him
Finish him off

The story arc must be run to get each outcome. Check your souvenir tab and when you see all 4 souvenirs
then run the arc a 5th and final time. When you enter the final mission, Mender Roebuck will be there
instead of Frostfire. Choose this dialog
1. What are you doing here
2. pick any of the next options
3. I'll do what I believe is best, you have no say in it.

Enter the door and talk to Marcus

1. Before?
2. I wanted to stop your father
3. There's still a way
4. Maybe we can use that against him
5. We trick him. Trap him. he doesn't know about all of this

Badge mission: Take down Dr. Stribbling

Defeat: fallen from Grace, Blast Furnace, Flambeaux, Grym

Open door and select the dialog:

1. Is that your father
2. Fixed?
3. Can you make things right?
4. I understand, I hope you can do it
5. Goodbye, Marcus

Loop Hero badge awards!

Note: the badge will not reward until you go through all the dialog options which also ends the mission.

The dialog options listed above are the most straight forward  options I have found to get through the missions as fast as possible.

Depending on your AT and power sets, it should take you about 8 to 15 minutes per run.

I use SG base to run this as the Brickstown base portal is next to the train, after the train mission the Freakshow in the bridge area next to the train should mostly con grey for quick defeats.

BONUS BADGE OPPORTUNITIES: 

Defeating Marcus will award the Judge and Jury badge if you do not have it. * 

Get a hero alignment point and you and the rest of the team gain the Ear to the Street badge *

Get a vigilante alignment point and you and the rest of the team gain the Street Wise badge *

Get a villain alignment point and you and the rest of the team gain the Inquisitor badge *

* = unless of course you already had the badge.

LOOP HERO BADGE: awards to all on team, even if they have not yet run the arc.  However, those alts will need to run the arc for all souvenirs  to get the badge mission to offer to others.

Edited by Voltor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 alts with all the badges!

Excellent with the conversation!

I did find a couple ways to streamline the repeats.   It's worthwhile to do all the various branches of choices just to see some of the dialogue, but if you run multiple characters, at some point, you'll want to do it the quickest.

I found going thru Ouro to be a little quicker, but I don't think it's much different than via the base and using the train in Bricks.

This was my version posted earlier.

Run repeats via Ouro:

Mission 1:  Use Ouro for mission entrance; Run thru, click blinkies, do computer last.  If you're teaming, leave one person at beginning and have them port the clicker to the entrance.

Talk to Stribbling: Mention "By the way, just mention for no reason, but I can get places really fast!" which gives you the clue "10,000 Leagues of Nope" which lets you skip the Striga talk.  (There is an amusing sidebar if you torpedo the sub contact's Lusca joke though)

Mission 2: Click on crystal, port to contact which puts you in Brickstown and beat up the ten Freakshow

Mission 3: Stealth to Hacker, beat up mobs, get handsy and rifle thru pockets

Mission 4: Talk past Longbow, then go straight to Miss Thystle, you don't have to deal with the Super Stunner boss. (this might be a bug)

Mission 5: Skipped!

Mission 6: And here we are at Port Oakes

And then the phone calls and on the fifth mission, it's different

• Like 2

On 4/30/2023 at 4:29 AM, Voltor said:

LOOP HERO BADGE: awards to all on team, even if they have not yet run the arc.  However, those alts will need to run the arc for all souvenirs  to get the badge mission to offer to others.

Hi Voltor, just for my clarification, so the Loop Badge works similiar to the badge we get when running any of the four villlian arcs such as Black Scorpion to unlock the Patron powers? Just join a team doing the last mission of the fifth run through and all members get the badge?

Thanks 🙂

3 hours ago, Jacktar said:

Hi Voltor, just for my clarification, so the Loop Badge works similiar to the badge we get when running any of the four villlian arcs such as Black Scorpion to unlock the Patron powers? Just join a team doing the last mission of the fifth run through and all members get the badge?

Thanks 🙂

Well if you are doing the arc via Ouro, then all team members have to be on the team at the start. 

• Like 1

25 alts with all the badges!

1 hour ago, Voltor said:

Well if you are doing the arc via Ouro, then all team members have to be on the team at the start. 

It should work if someone runs it via Ouro for the first four runs, then runs it normally for the last assuming they're in the right level range.  Or they run it with a group I suppose.  More complicated than needed probably.

Using as many shortcuts as possible though, I've gotten my time down to 12 minutes, but that's with some wasted cycles.  Sub 10 minutes should be feasible.

Though, you can of course just run the fifth iteration for anyone via Ouro so they don't have to go thru the first four and as Voltor points out, they won't have the fifth mission option for themselves without running the first four.

• Like 1