Workshopping /Nature Affinity - slotting some powers

tidge

I'm working on a /Nature Affinity Corruptor, and I will be using it on teams some fraction of the time, but mostly I play solo... so I am looking for thoughts on some of the powers in the secondary, including slotting suggestions.

A couple of things to get out of the way:

1. Inf is not a constraint
  2. Number of slots should not be considered a constraint
  3. I don't object to getting a set bonus from Enhancement Sets, but I will not chase one 'just because', especially if the extra pieces are only offering marginal returns on the enhancement of the slotted power.
  4. I want a 6-piece set of Preventive Maintenance for Endurance discount and Global Recharge.
  5. I like the 5 and 6 piece set bonuses from Panacea (more Global recharge at 5, more Heal at 6) but I see the real value of this set as being able to boost the pieces to 50+5... so I am not necessarily wedded to it.

Here are the powers that have me wool-gathering:

Regrowth (available at level 1) - Takes Healing sets

In the era where many builds can be made self-sustaining, I will delay this choice. I don't mind having a heal to toss at allies, but this power feels like one I wouldn't otherwise want to invest (m)any slots in (as a Corruptor).

Wild Growth (available at level 4) - Takes Resist Damage and Healing sets

This one offers the most confusion for me. It is a long recharge power that offers resistances, so it seems like Recharge + Resistance is a no-brainer. It can also act as a decent mule, but I can take other powers for this reason. My default thinking here is at least 2 pieces of Unbreakable Guard (or 4 pieces of that same set) I certainly wouldn't mind trying to boost the Regeneration so a little franken-slotting with something like Healing (50+5) Heal/Recharge piece isn't out of the question... I simply doubt I'd put more than 1 healing piece in the power unless I wanted the PVE bonus from Panacea (and I'd boost those pieces)

Life-Giving Spores (available at level 16) - Takes Healing and EndMod sets

Because this is such a fast-recharging power AND an ally AoE, I am wondering: Is this a good place to put pieces like Panacea %+HP/+End and Performance Shifter %+End? Obviously I can toggle the power well within the 120 sec time period to activate any effect on myself... but will %procs in the AoE patch help any allies? I am assuming that the Performance Shifter %Self Heal is caster-only in all circumstances.

Early team experimentation has been inconclusive... but solo I like this power just fine (especially with some Scaling Damage Resistance). If I can benefit teammates, I'll slot it that way after controlling the Endurance cost of the power.

The only other cornball idea I have for slotting Life-Giving Spores is to drop a %Stun piece in from Energy Manipulator. The power itself can't be slotted for Accuracy, so I expect D-Syncs and more mundane Acc/EndMod pieces wouldn't help.. and the low magnitude Stun hardly seems worth it.

Wild Bastion (available at level 20) - takes Healing sets

Another long recharge power, this feels like the place to put 6x Preventive Maintenance... unless I can really improve both Recharge times and Absorb/Heal values via franken-slotting.

Rebirth (available at level 24) - takes Healing and  EndMod sets

I plan on skipping, otherwise it would be a mule for something like Performance Shifter.

Overgrowth (available at level 30) - takes ToHit Buff (!) sets

This feels like 2-slots only of Recharge 50+ IO pieces. I don't mind buffing +ToHit,  but with such long recharge times I can't imagine dedicating more slots to this power just for set bonuses. My primary has a Build Up power.

I am taking Corrossive Enzymes (slotting for Accuracy and Endurance Reduction) but skipping Entangling Aura (I don't forsee having the slots to make it do very much for me, especially balanced against when I could fit it into my build)

18 minutes ago, tidge said:

Overgrowth (available at level 30) - takes ToHit Buff (!) sets

This feels like 2-slots only of Recharge 50+ IO pieces. I don't mind buffing +ToHit,  but with such long recharge times I can't imagine dedicating more slots to this power just for set bonuses. My primary has a Build Up power.

If you have the slots (and are chasing recharge and resistances), 6 pieces of adjusted targeting is lovely. Having this permanent is very, very, very valuable for the endurance discount. Damage bonus is lovely too, especially solo. Also allows skipping Tactics and/or Assault if you were inclined to consider those. Because of Wild Growth, a Corruptor can get pretty decent resistances while taking Scorpion Shield and maximizing set bonuses. If taking a resistance shield, 2 recharge and good to go. 

23 minutes ago, tidge said:

skipping Entangling Aura (I don't forsee having the slots to make it do very much for me, especially balanced against when I could fit it into my build)

Entangling Aura can get by with two End/Hold IOs, especially with perma Overgrowth. Very safe power even if a range build, helping add a layer of protection that stacks with itself. Doubly so if your primary has a hold.

25 minutes ago, tidge said:

Life-Giving Spores (available at level 16) - Takes Healing and EndMod sets [and many things]

Stoppable power but useful. I usually drop a panacea proc there and call it a day. 

26 minutes ago, tidge said:

This one offers the most confusion for me. It is a long recharge power that offers resistances, so it seems like Recharge + Resistance is a no-brainer. It can also act as a decent mule, but I can take other powers for this reason. My default thinking here is at least 2 pieces of Unbreakable Guard (or 4 pieces of that same set) I certainly wouldn't mind trying to boost the Regeneration so a little franken-slotting with something like Healing (50+5) Heal/Recharge piece isn't out of the question... I simply doubt I'd put more than 1 healing piece in the power unless I wanted the PVE bonus from Panacea (and I'd boost those pieces)

Right track here re resistance. Goal is to make it permanent. Regen is a little useful, might only through a panacea h/r in booster (to doubly make sure as much recharge is in the power as possible. Would do the same with Gladiator’s Armor to save slots (and get some KB protection at 3 slots).

32 minutes ago, tidge said:

Another long recharge power, this feels like the place to put 6x Preventive Maintenance... unless I can really improve both Recharge times and Absorb/Heal values via franken-slotting.

🙏 

32 minutes ago, tidge said:

Rebirth (available at level 24) - takes Healing and  EndMod sets

An even better power to skip than Life-Giving Spores!

33 minutes ago, tidge said:

In the era where many builds can be made self-sustaining, I will delay this choice. I don't mind having a heal to toss at allies, but this power feels like one I wouldn't otherwise want to invest (m)any slots in (as a Corruptor).

Agree. Would either 5-slot panacea for recharge or 3-slot preventative medicine for the S/L resist bonus and health.

Overall, your analysis is right on target. 

I hope you’re enjoying this secondary. I just went through the same balancing with an elec/nature Corruptor (and have a dark/nature controller and zombie/nature mm). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Wild Growth: I slot Aegis (res/rch, res/end/rch, res), Steadfast res/+def, Miracle (heal, heal/rech), but Unbreakable Guard and healing set of your choice would work as well.

Lifegiving Spores: I am underwhelmed by this power. I have tried various combinations of +end and heal and none have really made a noticeable difference. I haven't tried the Panacea proc, but it should buff everyone in range if it works the same way it does in Triage Beacon.

Wild Bastion: I 6-slot Numina's (I have Preventative Medicine in Regrowth), but swap them if you like.

Overgrowth: yes, two 50+5 recharge IOs

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

16 hours ago, tidge said:
  • Number of slots should not be considered a constraint
  • I don't object to getting a set bonus from Enhancement Sets, but I will not chase one 'just because', especially if the extra pieces are only offering marginal returns on the enhancement of the slotted power.

All toons are limited to 69 added slots and 6 slots per power, so this first point sounds confusing to say the least.

Secondly, set bonuses should simply be considered another power (and are, in fact, powers of their own in the game engine - a point that strikes me as being particularly philosophically pleasing). It's good build practice to see if you can avoid excessive set-muling because that suggests an opportunity to optimize by seeing if we can get both the set bonus and a useful, enhanced power. (Always try to eat your cake and still have it.) However, avoiding using set mules out of ideological constraints is a mental block that stands in the way of effective build design. The choice is not between enhancement value and a set bonus. It's between enhancing two powers, one of which just happens to be called a set bonus.

I want a 6-piece set of Preventive Maintenance for Endurance discount and Global Recharge.

I'll address this first because this issue is the crux of slotting a nature, any nature: global recharge is your #1 priority. The reason is that Overgrowth, in addition to its formidable tohit and dmg buff, provides a large endurance discount. So there is no need to fiddle about getting minuscule endredux bonuses from sets, when you can get perma-overgrowth instead and install the equivalent of 1.5 cardiac core paragons on your toon. Yes, it really is that powerful.

All efforts should be directed towards achieving perma-overgrowth before anything else and exemplar performance can be maintained by delaying end-costly powers until after overgrowth is taken.

I like the 5 and 6 piece set bonuses from Panacea (more Global recharge at 5, more Heal at 6) but I see the real value of this set as being able to boost the pieces to 50+5... so I am not necessarily wedded to it.

The 6th piece bonus from panacea is a joke at the best of times, but especially pointless on a nature because of the bloom mechanic. Every stack of bloom gives +4% heal, or more precisely, -4% heal damage resistance, because healing is coded in the game engine as a damage type. Furthermore, +heal% IO set bonuses do not work on wild bastion's absorb. (They are specifically +heal only, not +heal/absorb like enhancements.) Stop slotting mediocre sets and sprout more flowers.

Yes, I said mediocre. 7.5% rech for 4 added slots is only so-so in 2023, when corrs can get 10% for 2 added slots from the ATIO.

When slotting heals you should consider carefully 1) if you are taking spiritual core paragon and 2) whether the power can do without: heal, recharge or endurance reduction enhancement. If both are true, we can often gain large amounts of slot-efficiency with a 1-2 slot frankenslotting with D-syncs or whichever set you want a 2-slot bonus from. For example, 2x 53 D-sync reconstruction provides about the same rech enhancement and only 14% less heal enhancement than 6x prevmed.

Prevmed and Panacea are not first-line choices and should be carefully considered. They can be good if you are making use of multiple of Prevmed's set bonuses (e.g. using the SLFC resists to hardcap res while getting a useful proc and recharge), or fully utilizing a +5 boosted panacea's high enhancement value.

This heals yourself too for the same amount.

You do know this, right? You have read the power description? Is there any reason nobody else has pointed this out yet? I feel like the child crying "the emperor is naked!"

Life-Giving Spores (available at level 16) - Takes Healing and EndMod sets

Because this is such a fast-recharging power AND an ally AoE, I am wondering: Is this a good place to put pieces like Panacea %+HP/+End and Performance Shifter %+End? Obviously I can toggle the power well within the 120 sec time period to activate any effect on myself... but will %procs in the AoE patch help any allies? I am assuming that the Performance Shifter %Self Heal is caster-only in all circumstances.

Panacea will heal anyone in the patch.

Performance shifter will only +end you, but it will trigger if other players stand in the patch.

Is it good? Not really because the procrate is shit. The same can be said for putting panacea in Pain's soothing aura which is another suggestion I commonly see. It's a fun luxury, but don't expect it to make a material difference.

It does not need heavy recharge enhancement because it is easily permable at perma-overgrowth levels of rech. (Rech 255, duration 90; (255/90) -1 = 1.8333..., or permanent at +183% rech, enhancements included.) It is more important to maximize the resist value. 4x unbreakable guards is fine if you need the melee def. Nature corrs can hit around ~30-32.5% def to all with moderate slot investment, if you chose to build for defense.

Incidentally, if you do want regen as a side bonus, you should put your numina's here instead of in health (since you will be keeping the power permanent anyway, so you always get the bonus when you refresh it), and add a +5 numina's: heal. The combination of the heal enhancement and the 2-slot bonus from numina's means this single added slot gives +65% regen, the most you can get anywhere in your build for 1 slot.

Do you now see why I think your proclamation of "Number of slots should not be considered a constraint" is ridiculous? Not only does it fly in the face of facts, it's a mental block that stands in the way of your being able to identify efficient synergies. Live every day as though it were your last, spend every slot as though it were your last.

See my long discussion on how to slot heal powers above and apply it.

Edited by Zect
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zect said:

All toons are limited to 69 added slots and 6 slots per power, so this first point sounds confusing to say the least.

Do you now see why I think your proclamation of "Number of slots should not be considered a constraint" is ridiculous? Not only does it fly in the face of facts, it's a mental block that stands in the way of your being able to identify efficient synergies. Live every day as though it were your last, spend every slot as though it were your last.

Whoa somebody skipped out on their daily dose of soma!

On every build, a player has the option to apply as many, or as few, slots on any given power. My comment about 'slot constraints' and my complete lack of discussion of a Primary (and any slotting in it) was meant to imply that I consider myself free (in the context of this character's secondary) to put as many slots as possible in secondary powers because I am willing to NOT consume the entire slot budget in the primary, inherent, or power pools. I don't have any character that has 6 slots in every power, and neither does anyone else.

To help anyone else read between the lines: If there was a particularly useful combination of enhancements for a given power but required 6 slots... I'm willing to entertain it. There are plenty of powers across ATs and Primary/Secondary that offer no advantage to multiple sets (beyond whatever Enhancement bonuses can bring, which is often marginal) and then there are some powers that can allow maximal benefits by 'franken-slotting' such that extra slots can contribute a lot more to play. "%Proc"-ing attacks is probably the most common example where an extra slot can be leveraged to improve the performance of a power. Many players add a KB->KD piece, or a %+Recharge piece (without pursuing set bonuses) to attacks specifically because those pieces improve performance.

In point of fact... it is so common in publicly shared builds to add slots to attacks, that non-attack secondaries are often short on slots... and to repeat: For the consideration of this Corruptor secondary... I'm willing to entertain dedicating any number of slots to the non-attack secondary.

On 5/11/2023 at 1:04 PM, tidge said:

The only other cornball idea I have for slotting Life-Giving Spores is to drop a %Stun piece in from Energy Manipulator. The power itself can't be slotted for Accuracy, so I expect D-Syncs and more mundane Acc/EndMod pieces wouldn't help.. and the low magnitude Stun hardly seems worth it.

I'd be surprised if this works, since I think there are different flags for endurance powers that affect allies v. those that affect enemies, but sometimes I'm surprised!  That said, for Endurance Mod powers that are designed to affect enemy mobs, this is a great proc in my book.  In and of itself, a 2PPM proc for an 8 second mag 2 stun is not useful.  But if you are able to match it with other stun powers, you're cooking with gas.  Boss stunning gas.

Who run Bartertown?

On 5/11/2023 at 1:44 PM, Uun said:

Lifegiving Spores: I am underwhelmed by this power. I have tried various combinations of +end and heal and none have really made a noticeable difference. I haven't tried the Panacea proc, but it should buff everyone in range if it works the same way it does in Triage Beacon.

At low-ish levels, playing with non-exemplars, Life-Giving Spores did seem like it was helping the PUGs... but as I collected more powers in the build (and more slots) I found myself doing some strange things in play to have it be as valuable. I've done a level 37 Respec out of it, mainly because there are other powers I feel that I need more, and with more urgency at lower levels.

As near as I can tell: it's greatest utility was to quickly put down a visual patch where I want my allies to stand! I was using this macro to drop it just in front of me:

/macro_image "BanishedPantheon_Storms_GustOfWind"    "LiSp" "powexec_location Front:5 Lifegiving Spores"

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

Hidden is the level-50 slotting I landed on:

Spoiler

Level 50 Science Corruptor

Primary Power Set: Water Blast

Secondary Power Set: Nature Affinity

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Sorcery

Power Pool: Concealment

Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

------------

Level 1: Corrosive Enzymes         

(A) Accuracy IO: Level 50+5

Level 1:                 Hydro Blast        

(A) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50

(*) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Damage/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Recharge/Chance for Negative Energy Damage: Level 50

Level 2:                 Water Burst       

(A) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Javelin Volley - Chance of Damage (Lethal)

(*) Bombardment - Chance of Damage (Fire)

(*) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage (Energy)

(*) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage (Smashing)

(*) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 4:                 Mystic Flight      

(A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance: Level 50+5

Level 6:                 Whirlpool           

(A) Undermined Defenses - Defense Debuff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 50+5

(*) Tempered Readiness - Endurance/Recharge/Slow: Level 50+5

(*) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge: Level 50+5

Level 8:                 Arcane Bolt        

(A) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5

(*) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage (Negative): Level 50

Level 10:              Regrowth           

(A) Panacea - Hea/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Panacea - Heal/Endurance: Level 50+5

(*) Panacea - Endurance/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Panacea - Heal/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Panacea - Heal: Level 50+5

Level 12:              Dehydrate         

(A) Superior Scourging Blast - Damage/RechargeTime: Level 50

(*) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50

(*) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime: Level 50

(*) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Healing

(*) Touch of the Nictus - Healing

(*) Touch of the Nictus - Chance for Negative Energy Damage

Level 14:              Wild Growth     

(A) Unbreakable Guard - Endurance/RechargeTime

(*) Unbreakable Guard - RechargeTime/Resistance

(*) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime

(*) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance

(*) Doctored Wounds - Heal/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50+5

Level 16:              Enflame              

(A) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance: Level 50

Level 18:              Tidal Forces       

(A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

(*) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 20:              Wild Bastion      

(A) Preventive Medicine - Heal

(*) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance

(*) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime

(*) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime

(*) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance

(*) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 22:              Steam Spray      

(A) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50

(*) Superior Scourging Blast - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50

(*) Superior Scourging Blast - RechargeTime/PBAoE +End: Level 50

(*) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage

(*) Javelin Volley - Chance for Lethal Damage

(*) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage (Energy)

Level 24:              Spore Cloud      

(A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 26:              Geyser

(A) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage

(*) Annihilation - Damage/RechargeTime

(*) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime

(*) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

(*) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime

(*) Annihilation - Chance for Resistance Debuff

Level 28:              Infiltration          

(A) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

(*) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed

(*) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

(*) Kismet - ToHit +6%

(*) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Protection (4 points)

(*) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance

Level 30:              Overgrowth      

(A) Adjusted Targeting - Endurance/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Adjusted Targeting - Recharge: Level 50+5

Level 32:              Rune of Protection         

(A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

(*) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 35:              Dark Consumption         

(A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5

(*) D-Sync Conduit (EndMod/Recharge): Level 53

(*) D-Sync Drain (EndMod/Accuracy): Level 53

(*) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage

(*) Eradication - Chance for Energy Damage

Level 38:              Hasten 

(A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5

(*) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 41:              Dark Embrace   

(A) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

(*) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance

(*) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance

(*) Unbreakable Guard - Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 44:              Soul Drain           

(A) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage: Level 50

(*) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5

(*) Eradication - Chance for Energy Damage

Level 47:              Grant Invisibility              

(A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed

Level 49:              Stealth 

(A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed

Level 1: Brawl    

(A) Empty

Level 1: Scourge               

Level 1: Sprint   

(A) Quickfoot - Endurance/Running Speed: Level 50+5

Level 2: Rest      

(A) Empty

Level 4: Ninja Run           

Level 2: Swift     

(A) Flight Speed IO: Level 50+5

Level 2: Health  

(A) Miracle - +Recovery

(*) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance

Level 2: Hurdle 

(A) Jumping IO: Level 50+5

Level 2: Stamina               

(A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End

(*) Performance Shifter - EndMod

I respeced a couple of times along the way to test /Nature... despite Endurance issues, I dropped Lifegiving Spores, and opted for Regrowth with Panacea slotted. Endurance was being such an issue that I moved a slot into Health for the Panacea +HP/+End Global effect. Timing a recast of Regrowth was too inefficient for my taste. The lower-level choice of Regrowth (as opposed to Wild Bastion) is why I slotted which sets in each power. Spore Cloud isn't often used, but it comes in handy.

Endurance was a HUGE issue for me (even with Accolades) so I made some slotting choices such that almost every power I regularly cast has an Endurance Reduction component, often achieved through franken-slotting and boosting. I need the (Superior) Scourging Blast %+End (PBAoE) to fire reliably, so it got slotted in Steam Spray.

I definitely leaned hard into %damage procs in two of the attacks, and almost every attack has some sort of %damage. I don't have that many damaging attacks, so I wanted to have the up-front %damage, along the various damage-over-time effects.

This build has crap defenses, which I can make peace with. The build is great on teams, for solo it isn't going to set the world on fire. I don't have to explain the benefits of Hasten, as a practical matter I don't often use it, as I can set my own pace while solo. If I am providing the buffs for teams, I'll use it. The build needs Rune of Protection, Infiltration was a personal choice pretty much for Quality-of-Life (grounded zippiness) and as toggle for Kismet.

• Thumbs Up 1