Multiple Auto-click when ready

Can already be done through a variety of methods via binding.  Here's an example that barely scratches the surface of what is possible:

A "+left$$powexecauto Hasten$$powexecauto Active Defense"
D "+right$$powexecauto Active Defense$$powexecauto Hasten"
S "+backward$$powexecauto Active Defense$$powexecauto Hasten"
W "+forward$$powexecauto Hasten$$powexecauto Active Defense"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

The reason that you can only have 1 auto power is to limit AFK fighting.  Yes, AFK Farming exists, but if you could set multiple attacks to auto-fire it would become a lot more common and faster, something the devs don't want.

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

It was a deliberate design decision to only allow one power on autofire. 

The thought process apparently being if you want to play the game you should actually have to *play* the game. Instead of setting powers up on autofire and walking away for the afternoon. 

I promise you if multiple powers on autofire was possible, it is guaranteed that people would find somewhere out in the game world that easily killed enemies repeatedly spawn and just kill them all day. 

I can actually think of one off the top of my head. There's a mission in Dark Astoria that has never ending spawns of Talons of Vengeance. If you could set up a character with a non-targeted AoE, a heal, their non-targeted Judgement, and their Destiny all on autofire at once, you could stand there literally all week long farming them. 

The devs do not want that scenario to be possible. 

Edited by ClawsandEffect
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Psyonico said:

The reason that you can only have 1 auto power is to limit AFK fighting.  Yes, AFK Farming exists, but if you could set multiple attacks to auto-fire it would become a lot more common and faster, something the devs don't want.

This is why Masterminds were the favored leeching method during Halloween Trick or Treating: set your pets Aggressive, click your one helpful power, say a heal, then do something else while people click the doors and you reap the benefits.  Yeah, the game doesn't need more of this.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

18 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

set your pets Aggressive, click your one helpful power, say a heal, then do something else while people click the doors and you reap the benefits.

This breaks to a degree when people do the league teleport to the GMs, because pets automatically accept the teleport regardless of the MM's teleport settings, so they'd get teleported to the GM, then if they weren't one of the sets that had a teleport to close with the MM if they got too far away, they'd run back from the port aggroing everything in their path. More annoying is the ball of robots in Group Flight in the middle of the courtyard with the MM idling.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

This breaks to a degree when people do the league teleport to the GMs, because pets automatically accept the teleport regardless of the MM's teleport settings, so they'd get teleported to the GM, then if they weren't one of the sets that had a teleport to close with the MM if they got too far away, they'd run back from the port aggroing everything in their path.

There are MM pets that don't teleport to the MM when they get too far away?! I've always seen my pets teleport to me when the distance between us was too great. What that distance is seems to be inconsistent, even when staying on the same character, but I've never seen my pets not teleport to me eventually. (I don't play beasts or undead though, so not much experience with them.)

11 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

More annoying is the ball of robots in Group Flight in the middle of the courtyard with the MM idling.

Amen.

4 hours ago, srmalloy said:

More annoying is the ball of robots in Group Flight in the middle of the courtyard with the MM idling.

That's what I usually saw, and the MMs were not members of a league, so they didn't TP.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝