What causes/reverses this?

It's likely something obvious, but for the second time since I began in Homecoming, one of my characters lost all currently active buff markers below his health bar.  I'm not sure what triggered its disappearance, and therefore what might restore it.  Suggestions?  I can tell you I went through every Option that sounded even remotely like a fix, and also combed the keybinds list, but if it is among these, I'm not seeing it.  I'm guessing I bumped a key that hides the buffs.

image.png.9df04b6ee571a9c1acc62fa485a4dec5.png

• Like 1

That occurs to me very frequently in post-Issue 18 content.  It's almost always accompanied by a momentary pause a sudden, large spike (a long block of red, at least a quarter of an inch long) in the netgraph.  That indicates that there's a miscommunication between client and server.  I've been logging in with the diagnostic client since it was released, and I switch back to the open command line window often just to see what's going on, so at some point, I'll dig up one of those missions that cause it and see if it passes anything to the command line window.

It's not you, or your computer, I can assure you of that much.  Beyond that, I can't say until I test.

• Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

5 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

There is a setting in the options, Windows -> Status Window Buff Display -> Stop Sending All Buffs.

I saw something similar to this thread some time ago before I had this exact problem. I swear I've scoured the forum, but I still can't find that thread.

Thank you! It works!

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

There is a setting in the options, Windows -> Status Window Buff Display -> Stop Sending All Buffs. Setting this to Enabled will remove all the buff icons under the bar. Disabled brings them back. Unlike some other settings you have to hit Apply Now to get it to update.

That proved to be it, thank you!!

Now I'm very puzzled how that toggle got triggered in the first place.  I don't go into that section of the Options, ever, so accidentally changing it seems highly unlikely.  Perhaps what @Luminara describes creates the trigger without human involvement?

4 hours ago, Techwright said:

That proved to be it, thank you!!

Now I'm very puzzled how that toggle got triggered in the first place.  I don't go into that section of the Options, ever, so accidentally changing it seems highly unlikely.  Perhaps what @Luminara describes creates the trigger without human involvement?

Perhaps, I dunno. I know there is a slash command that can do it (/optionset buffsettings 64), but obviously that's not something one accidentally types in.

• Like 1

Also worth looking at the various commands that save and reload settings.  I accidentally fat-fingered alt-enter yesterday and it sent me to windowed mode, moving around some trays and windows.  Going back fullscreen didn't move them back.  But '/wdwload' worked since I had previously used /wdwsave to save my window settings.

• Thumbs Up 1