Best MM/Kin

00Troy00

i say necro.

the T3 does cc, so incoming damage is reduced.

the spirits your blast powers can be hit by kin buffs.  same for the ghost summons that make a copy of each of your live pets.

they'll also (mainly) stay in melee, and can be forced to do so with ' goto passive' into middle of group with you running in too, and then flip aggro and fulcrum etc.

it's rather intense, but it works.

beasts, probably, too. don't know, never tried beasts.

Normally I would say Beasts because they're reasonably tanky and used to be the sort of "go-to" for playing /Kin on an MM. These days though, Beasts have fallen to last place and I'm not sure if I'd recommend them; they feel worse off than the other primaries.

I'd say, go Ninja/Kin if you want that fast-paced, living on the edge of your seat vibe. Ninjas are high single target DPS, and reasonably more tanky now from the Page 5 buffs.

Personally, I'd probably choose Necro--zombies are slow, so speed boost to help them follow you better is nice. And as Honorit mentions, Lich offers some great controls that will help with the lack of def/res you can't/won't provide since /Kin is a very offensive primary. Not to mention, I wonder how fun it would be to pop Soul Extraction and then Fulcrum Shift.

You can play the others with /Kin, and I know others have had success with it, I feel like it meshes better with the more melee focused sets, but ymmv.

Also, be prepared to be resummoning lots with /Kin. You will be more of a glass cannon, especially in the early game, so be ready to resummon/buff as needed. And slot your heal for accuracy since it needs a to-hit check and is pretty much your main means of keeping your henchies alive.

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

If I was going to make a /Kin MM today, I would go Mercs/Kin, and plan my build around Group Fly to help minimize pet damage taken. It wouldn't fix it all, but it would go a long way to make up for /Kins lack of defenses, and only Robots or Mercs have the option to fight completely at ranged.

Not the best, but on Beast it sucks the least - since you can softcap Beast def with that power that stops them critting, but have upped their damage enough from Fulcrum that it doesn't matter that much.  Plus they like being in melee for kin buffs.  Necro would be sweet though - though I do like Necro/Bubble post changes.