honoroit

any thoughts on a good secondary for titan weapon scrapper?

fire - the new rez is a pbaoe nuke if you can go below 75% health.

stone - a dmg global, geode is alright i guess

bio - every character i make is bio, but its good.

dark - does it work?? it is end HEAVY with all the things on, many toggle.

nin - cool moves 😎, but.. a lot of fluff it appears.

energy - go for recharge??

elec - dunno.

other???

offensive as primary goal.

what might you advise?

desktop-wallpaper-asta-demon-asta-sword-thumbnail.jpg.d773d58d0b1fbb2e18017a6b4439befc.jpg

main-qimg-ba7e017092a49f1f071663552b2002dd-lq.thumb.jpeg.1bc7c229237fbdfd7f4f13da7743e11e.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Thrax said:

Mine is tw/nin. The opener critting is cool.  

yes!  ive never made a nin, im always paranoid ill roll another dark/atomic blaster and realize... oh, this is SHIT....

but nin stealth (and energy's?) has only like an 8s delay before your hidden again, which is similar or at what stalker hide is.  their ato's are better, but they dont get titan weapons, and a lot of sets get stripped of aoe.

ty for suggestion.

On 5/25/2023 at 9:41 AM, honoroit said:

this is SHIT....

It's probably the best non-taunting secondary for Scraps. You've been missing out. I'm not sure what you mean by fluff. The T8 and T9 are skippable but that's not terribly unusual and allows for more pool picks.

I didn't see Rad on your list. If you don't go Bio or Fire (which would be the most offensive oriented) then Rad. High recharge, great End management, a big absorb, a the two AoE proc bombs for when you just want to nuke without momentum up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

It's probably the best non-taunting secondary for Scraps. You've been missing out. I'm not sure what you mean by fluff. The T8 and T9 are skippable but that's not terribly unusual and allows for more pool picks.

I didn't see Rad on your list. If you don't go Bio or Fire (which would be the most offensive oriented) then Rad. High recharge, great End management, a big absorb, a the two AoE proc bombs for when you just want to nuke without momentum up.

I've become a fan of spring attack, and combat teleport - as gap closers (esp if /bind shift+` powexec_location target Spring Attack), and I'm normally picking up combat jumping as its cheap and useful (offices with stairs i cant jump up normally are now reachable).  I got the st attack on my recent tank, as its another force feedback mule.

so a few skippables is good. mind you, so's a drop of cc. but I'd rather run away in groups / tp away.

Edited by honoroit

On 5/24/2023 at 2:15 PM, honoroit said:

stone - a dmg global, geode is alright i guess

Don't sleep on Brimstone. It is the only thing in a Scrapper Secondary that will Crit, and when it does it is for full up-front damage of all 3 tics, even if only the first tic hits.

Mud Pots sort of drags the set down though; I prefer it on a Stalker as MP is swapped out for Hide.

Geode is 100% skippable.  At best it is a Combat Rest power that might buy you a few seconds of respite, but more often than not if you are playing against +2s or above it will just get insta-jibbed and be functionally worthless.

Crystal grants endurance recovery, so it is a good place for a second Perf Shifter and/or Power Transfer.

Minerals grants Mag 30 protection from Confuse.  This is a rare protection to find.

Rad Armor is another solid choice.

New Fire Armor is good, but still pretty squishy and Firey Embrace still isn't as good as it should be. It adds decent damage, but on the matrix it falls behind Brimstone, and well behind the tools afforded by /Bio for adding dmg.

• Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

5 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

I find it very useful for locking down minions from running in the absence of a taunt aura. It likewise slows Bosses and LTs, allowing kill shots to get in before they squirt away.

What primaries are you using and getting good results with it? Tried a few combinations in Beta (Dark/ Rad/ I-forget-what-else/) and even slotting the Ice Mistral dmg/slow set I didn't find the slows to be terribly effective.

Might have been the groups I was testing against. 🤷‍♂️

I've also found the Stalker version to be more endurance efficient without it. All the other toggles are the same cost on both ATs.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

7 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

What primaries are you using and getting good results with it? Tried a few combinations in Beta (Dark/ Rad/ I-forget-what-else/) and even slotting the Ice Mistral dmg/slow set I didn't find the slows to be terribly effective.

Good question, most of my experience on Live is with an Ice/Stone, with just damage slotting. That might be coloring my opinion.  

Though even without slows, I think it's worth it for the damage and Mag 2 Immob alone.

• Thumbs Up 1