Superior Might of the Tanker

steveoatvs

You'll get confusing answers about Purple sets, since a lot of people refer to them as the Very Rare sets.  (Hecatomb, etc,)

An ATO, Winter Event enhancement can be catalyzed which will turn them into a Superior version.   Those can only be slotted on level 50s.

Though the Very Rare (purple) are also the only ones able to be slotted on level 50s.

Best ways to get them, varies. 

If you have the inf, buying them off the AH. 

You can catalyze them from a non-superior.  And since catalysts drop one a day for a 50, feasible.  (or just buy them from the merit vendor)

Buying Super Packs will get you random ATOs (non-superior) that can be catalyzed.

Spending 100 reward merits at the Merit vendor can also get the non-superior version.

3 hours ago, lemming said:

Spending 100 reward merits at the Merit vendor can also get the non-superior version.

If the AH is low on inventory or outrageously expensive, this is the best way.  Having said that, you'll need 1,200 merits to get all twelve Tank ATOs, then 12 catalysts to "superior-ize" them.

• Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

5 hours ago, lemming said:

Yes, but you're better off using the merits to get either a Winter IO (100 Merits) or Enhancement Converters and sell them, since regular ATOs only sell for 8-10 million inf, wheres most winters will get closer to 20 million and converters can get 65-70k per converter, which works out to 19.5-21 million per 100 merits.

• Like 3

What this team needs is more Defenders

• 2 weeks later

If you have merits and can find ANY Archetype enhancer on the Auction... Play Enhancement roulette.  Convert out of type until the right type is delivered.  Then convbert in set to get the one you want.  Buy cheap and roll baby roll

• Thumbs Up 2

Not that I've tried it in the past couple weeks, but I usually just place bids for the whole non-superior set at around 8mil apiece and then go play.  Might take a day or two but they all show up.  I've got catalysts comin' out my ears from playing 50s so much so I just then convert the whole set to superior when that toon reaches 50. But I try to slot at least the proc at level 10 and then the rest of the set as I add the slots while leveling.

If stock levels look especially bad and I am in a hurry, I will do what @Snarky suggested and flip some other ATO with converters.  Don't forget this works best with ATOs from the same set.  So if one of the set members is out of stock, consider if you can buy two of one of the others and just convert one of those "in set" to the desired one.

• Like 2