Wanted to try out the new Axe set but i have no idea on a secondary

lokiie1984

42 minutes ago, Sovera said:

The reason you see perma Hasten with your build is because you have the FF procs toggled on. If you were to detoggle all the FF procs in your build you'll notice Hasten is no longer perma. In my experience a single attack that does a good spam can shave a good 10-15 seconds off Hasten, but it can only do so much.

I would probably just keep the Energy Pool but swap Superior Conditioning for Focused Accuracy instead. It's not that you need more accuracy but it does protect against having it debuffed which sucks when it happens. And as you've pointed out there is not a lot of wiggle room because of the slot starvation, but since you might not like to use Ground Zero due to its huge cooldown you could consider picking Cleave which is Axe's big single target hitter and that is also ranged AND a small AoE.

Between Pendulum, Axe Cyclone and Cleave your AoE needs should be met. Cleave is also part of the ST rotation anyway. So you have both your ST and AoE well in hand.

P.S. Fly is taken super late but you can swap something else earlier on for it, but I prefer to just buy a 5k jetpack from the P2W vendor and use it until I can pick up Fly for the simple reason I spend longer fighting things than travelling between missions.

Brute (Battle Axe - Radiation Armor)V2.mbd 43.96 kB · 1 download

Yeah, it doesn't quite reach 100% uptime, but when trying out the 5 x FF +recharge, it was up 90% of the fight, pretty much going off again as soon as it had run it's duration. But yes, even with it in 5 different attacks in some kind of rotation I wasn't able to keep the FF proc up 100% of the time.

Yeah, I don't mind the Jetpack, aside from how it deactivates when you use any attack powers, but attacking while flying is not needed for 99% of the content, and with hover, it's a workable solution anyway.

Thank you for all your advice! You have given me some good insights and given me a place to start learning a bit more in this jungle of building this game is (Which is a big part of my love for it, ever since live)

I really appreciate your help, and thank you for taking time and energy to teach a returning newbie out.

ps. Your simple guide for newcomers is how I made my first 80 mil inf which I used to equip my farming tank 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, JayboH said:

Do you have a Battle Axe/Stone build by chance?

Here's what I threw together based on my Spine/Stone. Hits pretty much the same def/res/hp/end benchmarks, perma Hasten before the +rech FF procs, but the slow resist is down to 80%. You cooould take the generic Def IO out of Stone Skin, put that slot in Brawl, take 2 of the Superior Blistering Colds in Gash into Brawl for 95% slow res, and toss in Touch of Deaths to fill out Gash.

This amount of defense Barrier T4 can get near incarnate-level softcap.

It might still suck wind? Maybe put it on Test and see. Spines is pretty end heavy and it can handle it.

Brute - axe - Stone Armor based on Dwarven Battlerager.mbd

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grimm2 said:

Here's what I threw together based on my Spine/Stone. Hits pretty much the same def/res/hp/end benchmarks, perma Hasten before the +rech FF procs, but the slow resist is down to 80%. You cooould take the generic Def IO out of Stone Skin, put that slot in Brawl, take 2 of the Superior Blistering Colds in Gash into Brawl for 95% slow res, and toss in Touch of Deaths to fill out Gash.

This amount of defense Barrier T4 can get near incarnate-level softcap.

It might still suck wind? Maybe put it on Test and see. Spines is pretty end heavy and it can handle it.

Brute - axe - Stone Armor based on Dwarven Battlerager.mbd 43.82 kB · 1 download

Suppose I could get a tiny bit more recovery by swapping to the Core Alpha variant.  I'd probably stick with what you have here instead of going the Brawl route due to the recharge alone.  The heavy-hitters should be up constantly.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

I've just returned to the game and haven't had much of a chance to play around in Mids to see, but back before the shut-down I ran a BA/SR Brute and it was pretty fun but a toggle nightmare and slot hungry.

I can't find my notes on the build, since it's been so long, but I know leaping and fighting were 2 of the pools I used.  I just don't remember what other pools and incarnate I had on it, sadly.  It did have some HO's and at least one purple IO set in it, that I know for sure.