Kallisti Apartments [OOC]

Terminal

9 hours ago, chase said:

1) Welcome to Hyperman!

2) Lost a post due to unfamiliarity with the new forum.

Regarding the next step at the building entrance, but 

• Get the spell backfire on Tabby up.  I can't let a chance go for making her life hell.
  • QUESTION: Alarms if this place is equipped to counter folk like Sky Raiders involvement, then that boom's gonna alert someone.
    • would this be just to staff, or (given the residents) alert the residents in some less-obtrusive way.  I mean- this is Paragon CIty.  If every time a baddie blew up something on the street resulted in an alarm, everyone would be sleep-deprived neurotic madme... ah, it all makes sense.
  • Possibly some new "bit players" (recurring supporting cast)

Since the spell takes place at ground-level and since it's in the plaza rather than being used directly on the building facade, it will only show up as a 'moderate concern' on internal security sensors. It will trip silent alarms and Undercover PPD will move to investigate, but nothing too drastic will occur yet.

2 hours ago, kallistiuk said:

That makes me wonder in that case what happens when Justin's drone is detected? Roof mounted anti-aircraft battery? 🙂

As long as it doesn't touch the building or open with with weapons fire, what will probably happen is it will get introduced to the polarized glass that it can't see through. :E

• Haha 1

I'm really sorry I haven't progressed the tea party any further and stranded Kali in the Kallisiti's lounge. To be honest I'm struggling to know where to take it from here and my attention has been grabbed by the Kallisti the Friar story I started putting down on 'paper' after its been bubbling around in my head for weeks. I'm finding this quite difficult as its quite dark and I'm constantly trying to stop it heading off into inappropriate territory (if you get my meaning!).

If you want to extricate Kali from the party, please feel free and I can drop into the other threads without blocking things up.

Edited by kallistiuk

The Kallistiverse COH site:

https://kallistiverse.mardona.com/coh/

On 7/28/2019 at 10:38 AM, kallistiuk said:

I'm really sorry I haven't progressed the tea party any further and stranded Kali in the Kallisiti's lounge. To be honest I'm struggling to know where to take it from here and my attention has been grabbed by the Kallisti the Friar story I started putting down on 'paper' after its been bubbling around in my head for weeks. I'm finding this quite difficult as its quite dark and I'm constantly trying to stop it heading off into inappropriate territory (if you get my meaning!).

If you want to extricate Kali from the party, please feel free and I can drop into the other threads without blocking things up.

When you get the muse, it's tough to focus on other things.   Looking forward to seeing the finished work.

• Like 1

Two posts after the long delay. 

Sorry for the wall of text.   Officers Ito and Keegan are bit characters- two "ground level POV" characters I like using for introducing my heroes n heroines.   Their story with Smokin Mira should be on the boards soon.TM   I got on a roll with the banter- much farther than I'd intended.

• Like 1

Although I haven't created the characters in-game, they're both in standard PPD blue/whites.   In my mind's eye,  Ito had a lot of the characteristics of Officer Drew Wu of grimm- who's Filipino, so so much for ethnic accuracy in my casting.   Keegan lacks a direct reference.  Part a college friend, parts Esposito and Ryan from Castle.  

Anyone here can feel free to use/abuse/neglect them as they see fit, just keep them alive.

• Like 1

Q regarding  Kallisti Green:
1) is her stealth mode just stealthiness, something biological like a full-on chameleon skin, or predator-style stealthing.

2) She seems like she'd be good at staying out of the public eye.  Is she a publicly-known member of the Kallistiverse or at least known to rabid fanbois (who may or may not be misusing the police databases to keep up with details)  or would their first thought be more like "Kallisti Gold in cosplay"

Her stealth power is the Shinobi-iri power in ninjitsu which says:  "Shinobi Iri are the ninjitsu techniques of silent movement and infiltration"  so I'd say its about using the environment and personal skills to not be noticed rather than invisibility, so if she bumped into someone she'd be fully visible.

As for public eye, no she probably isn't well known to the public as she's a relative newcomer to the Kallistiverse and isn't very communicative with the others or anyone at all really. Just realised I hadn't posted a pic so here she is:

green.jpg

That is a quiver of arrows on her back by the way - the bow goes where ever weapons go when they are not being wielded! So you can see she is green-skinned but with blonde hair - don't ask me how that happens, call it genetics 🙂 She has the same facial features as the others so is recognisably Kallisti but is slightly shorter than the rest and yes, she doesn't wear any other clothes... although she has been tempted with the Bolero... in green of course.  Now you could consider this to be one of the others dressing up with green skin dye - except Bronze of course.

She's not needlessly aggressive but is protective over the herd-people, ie anyone with non-green skin! Her role back on her world would be to protect her tribe's herd from predators and hunt for food. The society she comes from is heavily stratified due to skin colour - Green: Guardian tribe; pink/brown: herd-people
; other: ??? 🙂 It is stuck in a semi-hunter/gatherer stage of development but with some anachronistic higher-technology like the bow and quiver which has obviously been supplied by 'others'.

Edited by kallistiuk

I've been building the Kallisti girls apartment as an SG base. You can visit it on Everlasting using passcode Kallisti-6106.

Currently I've got the lobby (with security monitoring), Lounge & Kitchen, plus rooms for Gold & Friar, Red & Scarlett, Bronze and Green and one room that is Kallisti Wolf's nest!

The rooms are a bit big - its too easy to misjudge the scale when building these smaller more intimate locations rather than large SG base rooms, but I think its been an interesting challenge.

Pretty Sweet SG base - Britt is a short hot Tempered young woman who wants to be a bad girl. She wont cross the line but she will go right up to it. Her Hero/Vigilante ways are "Barely-Legal". She learned the staff because she did not have the power of her Guardians but she was quick and tough. She gets beat up quit a bit not having any real super powers. She heals quite quickly though. She is 18 and off to make a name for herself instead of being in her Guardians shadows. She is a white girl who raised in the ghetto by two very strong Black Men.

BLrp.JPG

• 3 weeks later
Working on my Staff / WP Tank - Brittany "Barely Legal" Thompson

Born with a body that was PHYSICAL PERFECTION as well as FAST HEALING, Brittany “Barely Legal” Thompson was one TOUGH King’s Row baby. Growing up she showed a HIGH PAIN TOLERANCE as well as INDOMITABLE WILL, as she would regular stick up for the little guy. After her first beating her guardians hired a Sensei to teach her STAFF MASTERY. From him she learned the techniques of FORM OF THE MIND, FORM OF THE SOUL, and FORM OF THE BODY. Using her staff, she could perform SWIFT MERCURIAL BLOWS, GUARDED SPINS, and the dreaded SKY SPLITTER a technique only advanced students mastered. Years of training gave her a QUICK RECOVERY, HEIGHTENED SENSES, and a MIND OVER BODY attitude. She also learned how to be silent in the shadows using a NINJA RUN technique. Brittany’s STRENGTH OF WILL, TACTICS in a BRAWL, TAUNTing of her opponents, let her RISE TO THE CHALLENGE of becoming the EYE OF THE STORM in Kings Row. With a few ASSUALTs, and some planned MANEUVERS, the RESURGENCE of Kings Row will be a SPRINT to the finish, with no REST as she WEAVES in and out of HURDLEs and KICKs those aside that do not have the STAMINA and HEALTH to oppose her ENERGY TORRENT.

Is what her history will be - but might do an alternate one.

• 1 year later

WAs interesting and sorry it stalled out did not mean to necro the thread, nothing to see here move along that's what dates are  used for, e facepalm

Edited by American Valor
info change

When you wake up seek the courage and strength to do the right thing.
Decide that this will be another day in which you Walk The Talk.

American Valor Sentinel of Liberty

RP Forums: Paragon University thread

FBSA Home Page

• 4 weeks later