Illusion / Martial - this is what I'm going for at the moment

honoroit

Mids is attached.  I dont think its working right, as by its estimate I didn't need hasten to get more than enough recharge for my needs.

regardless, if that's the case, I'd drop off fire shield and put that back in - and lose a slot off of dragon tail.

illu.gif.8c7ce9ac038f683ba70be032467c4935.gif

eT9zwCWCQSq.png
View This Build In MRB

- spring attack and jump kick are proc loaded

--> for rounding out a ST melee chain, I'm liking jump kick

--> for a gap closer, spring attack is good, and it can hit hard enough

- gleam has a dom ATO set in it with the fire proc, enough to get recharge and the cc bonuses

- blind is slotted like a hold you intend to use for a dom. we don't take flash, so we're looking at blind and a quick recharging gleam on dom for mag 6 stun.  supplement this with temp power stun grenades for misses, and mag 9 total on tap.

- spectral terror relies on global recharge, and has a single slot for to hit debuff / accuracy for the cone it casts

- envenomed blades is a great power. 40s duration too.  if i'm reading it right the to-hit stays for the duration aswell!

- no to spectral wall, deceive, caltrops and flash

- build up proc in the snipe, use it in st chain.

- fire epic pool for fireball to chain with explosive shuriken, and rain of fire. filler for any aoe is trick shot / dragons tail in melee 

this should work, if mids isn't lying.

we aren't capped for res/def, by a long shot. but it's good 'enough' in grouping, if buffs are about, and your team is also playing.

it should do reasonable damage, and has plenty of vectors in means - melee, melee aoe, ranged st and enough/good-ish aoe.

I don't know if mids is telling the truth about recharge... it says I'm over 300% without hasten in this... thats nice if that's true, and could likely replace some sets with more def/res focused - but I have a lot of what's involved here lying about.

comments appreciated.

Honoroit, the crafty

psst - macros:

/bind ctrl+1 powexec_location target Spectral Terror     <<< place the button where you would for ctrl+1 or anywhere to see timer

/bind alt+e powexec_location target Spring Attack

/bind q powexec_location target Phantom Army

/bind z powexec_location me:5 Phantasm

/bind shift+z powexec_location target Phantasm

/macro kill releasepets    <<< place on an off-bar to destroy pets if you need to on occasion.

Edited by honoroit

45 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

image.png.ee9a86a54277bd8e6ae230eb073dd58c.png

You probably have Ageless toggled on.

Or FF+ procs active (click the yellow toggle button off).

no, I don't think so. There's nothing in options of the app that appears relevant *im using the defaults* -- and there's no options selected at the top for incarnate powers / temp powers or anything that if you enable them moves those to the build portion of the window.

i.e. appears normal.

Edited by honoroit

You've got Spectral Terror and Spinning Kick placed before they're available.

On 6/4/2023 at 7:26 AM, honoroit said:

I don't know if mids is telling the truth about recharge... it says I'm over 300% without hasten in this

Untoggle the 3 powers with Force Feedback procs. Takes you down to 92.5%.

On 6/4/2023 at 7:26 AM, honoroit said:

envenomed blades is a great power. 40s duration too.  if i'm reading it right the to-hit stays for the duration aswell!

Envenomed Blades is garbage. While the tohit buff is nice, the toxic damage proc is barely noticeable.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

6 hours ago, Uun said:

You've got Spectral Terror and Spinning Kick placed before they're available.

Untoggle the 3 powers with Force Feedback procs. Takes you down to 92.5%.

Envenomed Blades is garbage. While the tohit buff is nice, the toxic damage proc is barely noticeable.

hm, ill fix the power ordering, i dragged a few about and they werent red.  ill just do it from my leveling.

oh, it shows as if your procced for all the things (and specifically instances of force feedback)? ok, now i can work with this thing...

envenomed blades seems decent to me, over a 40s duration, that one action is doing a lot, no?

thank you for demystifying the haste number @Uun!

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 4:08 AM, honoroit said:

envenomed blades seems decent to me, over a 40s duration, that one action is doing a lot, no?

You have the right of it.

People are within their rights to feel however they want about EB but it's not a bad power for what it's there to do. You can get it at or very near perma and that's a lot of ToHit to have. Especially on a control AT, where landing every AoE mez (with their accuracy penalties) matters. 

Now if people want it to be a Build Up and think it's bad because it's not.... well sorry. 

1 hour ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

You have the right of it.

People are within their rights to feel however they want about EB but it's not a bad power for what it's there to do. You can get it at or very near perma and that's a lot of ToHit to have. Especially on a control AT, where landing every AoE mez (with their accuracy penalties) matters. 

Now if people want it to be a Build Up and think it's bad because it's not.... well sorry. 

agree, you might argue in same vein not to tale a damage aura on melee, because things arent always being hit (that dorsnt make sense)

nothing is like build up (w gaussian) on stalker. you quite often have multiple applications. this is where i think as so stalker can eclipse scrapper and well. i dont know about 'pylon numbers' but practically it seems so, to me.

with envenomed, it in indeed a different beast. the tohit is constant in that yes its effectively near always.

on illu i have next to no control, and i dont take flash/deceive.  i do however have a non taunting PA, a fear spamming pet thats ready before the last expires, gleam-and-its-good, and stupid phantasm, who does spawn an immune as distractor. 

for things i do, its very rare to miss, and my slotting is terrible and all empty or expired as i move into low 30s

it plays like a mini blapper, os super busy and always has a damage skill ready... and with fireball and rain of fire in the 40s coming, the kicks, a teleport aoe attack thats procced up to the nines, a snipe, a chain in trick shot...

to envenomed blades; the damage component is like paint on all damage powers, it adds up. ticks and ticks, on all the things.

martial, so far i like it.  nearly everything is fast. youve every kind of option to choose when fighting, and that, at its least, makes combat flow quite entertaining.

28 minutes ago, ninja surprise said:

Bummers, I've been clicking it and getting a good placebo effect out of it.

animesher.com_anime-boy-manga-manga-boy-924296.png.b2a11085af4c95e65605d9c654c0aac3.png

what would you pick instead? (seems opportunity cost on that secondary - 1s or less cast on a 'boost up' gaussian holder, with 12% to-hit for 40s and ...

damage as an addition CONSTANTLY, is fine by me.

spacer.png