Server shutdownnn

moonligh7er

I just found out about this game (again) like a week ago. I assume this is just the standard, horrifically-wrongly-worded message for maintenance D; but . . . Y'all have to know how triggering this is. T_T' This is a high-level troll, keeping this. lol

Untitled design.png

Edited by moonligh7er

1 hour ago, moonligh7er said:

I assume this is just a horrifically-wrongly-worded message

I can't read your image as it is too small.

The Servers go down once a week on Tuesdays around 9AM EST.

I think that is the standard "servers are shutting down" message that has been used since the game as first released, but, ,as I said, i can't read what it says on the image because it is too small.

If you are excited about being back in THE CITY, then make sure to support it when you can:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/59-finances-donations/

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

5 hours ago, biostem said:

Servers getting restarted is pretty routine.  Don't conflate a temporary/maintenance shutdown with a permanent one.  I assure you, there's be much more of a hullabaloo if that was the case...

Just because the title was clickbait-y doesn't mean I was conflating anything lol, just haven't synced with server maintenance schedule as I just became aware of this game being online again a few days ago! 😄 As a result, seeing the last message everyone saw before NCSoft screwed us was a bit nostalgic is all lol. And funny it's still the same triggering and not actually adequately informative message lol

Edited by moonligh7er
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I can't read your image as it is too small.

The Servers go down once a week on Tuesdays around 9AM EST.

I think that is the standard "servers are shutting down" message that has been used since the game as first released, but, ,as I said, i can't read what it says on the image because it is too small.

If you are excited about being back in THE CITY, then make sure to support it when you can:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/59-finances-donations/

Yeah it was just the standard server maintenance message but I haven't seen that since the last day NCSoft had a good game lol so it was weird and nostalgic haha. Also even circa mid-2000's it was a pretty useless message (like, it could say there's server maintenance being done lol) so that's funny too.

Super excited! You guys will definitely get a monthly monetary, 'subscription,' from me. So happy to see the game in better hands than NCSoft, hopefully officially one day soon, and in any event grateful for the legitimate revival. ❤️

Edited by moonligh7er
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

Yes, that is the maintenance message. Since most of us lived through the actual shutting down of the servers, the wording that you've been forabley disconnected and the servers are shutting down still hurts a little.  Luckily, in this case, they are just shutting down for maintenance and will likely be up within 30-60 minutes.