Thinking about making Claws/Will Power

liveevil2000

I don't know how this combo will work out as a scrapper. Been toying with the idea of making it another AT.

Claws and Will Power seem like decent sets on paper.

Any opinions or experience with this? 

Also, How would other ATs (other than scrapper of course) compare?

Does it make much of a difference what AT is used on this build combo?

I can say that I just did a Broadsword/Willpower Scrapper to 50. Willpower was very sturdy. That being said, Willpower gets a lot of Regen (based on % of HP). I was aware of how much bigger those Regen numbers would have been on an AT with a higher HP cap than Scrappers. I think Willpower on a Tanker would be super resilient.

I also have a Claws/Ninjutsu Scrapper (and a Claws/Bio Scrapper and a Claws/Fire Brute). It's a fun set. Never done it on a Tank. It gets a fair amount of AoE which I know that Tankers have buffed. Not sure what those numbers look like with Claws. (caveat: Claws is Lethal damage, so be prepared to see those orange numbers drop down in late game with 'Robots' and other mobs with high Lethal Resistance become commonplace).

• Like 1

Claws/WP on a Scrapper is fantastic when you're inebriated or otherwise largely incapacitated.  You basically have 3 buttons to work with, outside of Incarnates/Temps/Pool powers. 

You get just as many Critical Strikes procs as any other Scrapper primary, but you're firing off your attack chain 6 times a minute instead of 4 or whatever.

66289565.jpg

• Like 1

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

• 2 weeks later

As stated, WP being on a melee type with a bigger HP pool is going to offer more regen and thus be better. Just note Spin on a Scrapper has a shorter recharge than any other AT. Picking an AT for Claws is mostly about how offensive versus defensive you want to be. 

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I have a Claws/WP scrapper that works pretty well though just running on generic IOs.  I settled more on a Dual/WP Scrapper and as long as I watch for debuffs, she's pretty unstoppable.  Claws is one of the more fun melee sets and WP is great for being low maintenance.

Another neat thing about claws is that you don’t need many powers for a good attack chain, even at low levels. So you can more easily dip into pools and epics if you want to. Claws/WP should be fun, and as someone else said, allow you to focus on snikting instead of clicking defense powers.