Best Archetypes/Power combos for a main badger?

foosbabaganoosh

Just curious about the community's thoughts on the title! Wonder how people have found different toons as viable characters for committing to badging. As in if they exemplar well, play well solo, carry teams in harder content, etc. My main badger is an illusion controller and I have found the phantom army to be insanely helpful as indestructible tanks for certain content. Only downside is he's a tad squishy and not a great damage dealer when it's required.

My badger is a scrapper and for most badge goals, works well.  @Voltor would probably be a good source since he's got ALL the badges on all ATs.

The ones that need the most planning are probably the Master of badges, and you don't want to have to carry a team.

Damage Taken and Damage Dealt are probably the most annoying since even at vet levels over 200, I still had to sit down and grind those out with an Alt account helping out.  (The alt account just topped off healing)

Heal badge seems to be easiest via Rebirth +HP.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, lemming said:

My badger is a scrapper and for most badge goals, works well.  @Voltor would probably be a good source since he's got ALL the badges on all ATs.

The ones that need the most planning are probably the Master of badges, and you don't want to have to carry a team.

Damage Taken and Damage Dealt are probably the most annoying since even at vet levels over 200, I still had to sit down and grind those out with an Alt account helping out.  (The alt account just topped off healing)

Heal badge seems to be easiest via Rebirth +HP.

Yeah Damage taken was a bear (thank you Mercy fires), but haven't done damage dealt yet, just don't want to farm that ouro mission lol.

• Like 1

All ATs have advantages/disadvantages in some regard. 

• Damage ATs are easier for the damage dealt and all the defeat badges. 
  • Tanks/Brutes are good for the damage taken badges, but takes longer for the debt and being mezzed badges, similar for other ATs with a defensive set.  You'll have to turn off toggles and go in without your shields. 
  • While squishies may get the mezzed and debt badges quickly, it can be frustrating to play faceplanting and being put out of action so frequently - you just have to remind yourself, it's all for a badge!
  • Healers can get the healing badges easy, but there are also simple ways to farm that on non-healers once you're an incarnate.

Just play what you like.  There will be grinding, farming, and a lot time spent on the character no matter the AT or powersets - so best to play a toon you enjoy.  

I personally prefer collecting badges on my blasters vs. other ATs - you'll get most of the difficult things quickly like:  being mezzed, damage dealt/taken, debt paid off, and the defeat badges - and then you'll at least have little farming/grinding to do at the end for the remainder of them.  And healing badges can be gotten fairly easily once you're an incarnate with Rebirth. 

• 6 months later

My take: Mastermind with Empathy secondary. Granted, when I picked that for my main, I didn't know about the Rebirth-trick - back in the day, the only way to get anywhere on the Healing-badges if you weren't a healing class were the powers from the EXTREMELY crappy 'medicine' power-pool.

Still, it's working well. As a Mastermind Healer, I'm constantly grinding the healing-badges even while soloing, lessening the amount of grinding I'll have to do later. I can also grind three different badges while idling - just gotta pick a mission with continuous ambushes, set the AoE heal to auto-cast, and my pets to defensive - they'll automatically chew up anything that comes my way. Builds up damage dealt, damage taken and healing - and depending on the enemies, could even provide some mezz-time since you've got no resistance to that stuff...

Most of the rest of the badges don't really care about your class. Though I WOULD suggest Superspeed for a travel-power! You can use the 'Premium' flight-abilities from the P2W lady to reach all the high-altitude exploration-badges, but having Superspeed makes is MUCH less frustrating to collect badges and plaques in underground areas like the Sewers, Praetorian Underground, etc.

• Like 1