Waste not, want not...

Player2

I moved a majority of my characters from Torchbearer over to Excelsior awhile back, and the ones that got left behind ( 😟 ) are those that I didn't want to change the names of because they weren't available on Excelsior.  Usually when I need money, I just do a little farming, but today I decided to go back and rob all my alts still on Torch... any influence in excess of a million, and good salvage or recipes...

Sold everything off and kept collecting and emailing back to myself in greater amounts until I came up with a grand total of:

No description available.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

.... emailing back to myself in greater amounts ...

This is why I maintain a second account, and I'm guessing it's true for others, too.  Temporarily reassign a second-account character to Torchbearer, pass all goods to him, reassign him to Excelsior.  Saves a lot of mailing.  Not that I've had to move anything in 2 years now, but it even helps within the server, like when I need to move a lot of recipes at once and don't want to have to keep mailing to myself.  Move from account 1 character to account 2 character, then transfer from account 2 character to my main crafter on account 1.

3 hours ago, Techwright said:

This is why I maintain a second account, and I'm guessing it's true for others, too.  Temporarily reassign a second-account character to Torchbearer, pass all goods to him, reassign him to Excelsior.  Saves a lot of mailing.  Not that I've had to move anything in 2 years now, but it even helps within the server, like when I need to move a lot of recipes at once and don't want to have to keep mailing to myself.  Move from account 1 character to account 2 character, then transfer from account 2 character to my main crafter on account 1.

That's a good idea for things that that would have to be emailed individually, such as recipes, enhancements, and salvage.

But just nothing but influence moving around is fine to email it.

1. Just throw it all in an email
  2. Log out
  3. Log in the next character
  4. Claim influence from email
  5. Then email the new combined total back to myself again
  6. Repeat as necessary until all characters have been logged in and robbed
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Player2 said:

That's a good idea for things that that would have to be emailed individually, such as recipes, enhancements, and salvage.

But just nothing but influence moving around is fine to email it.

1. Just throw it all in an email
  2. Log out
  3. Log in the next character
  4. Claim influence from email
  5. Then email the new combined total back to myself again
  6. Repeat as necessary until all characters have been logged in and robbed

In full agreement on that point.

On a slight tangent:

I tend to have a couple characters designated as influence holders, though they don't have that much on them.

The rest of my characters tend to add to 500m chunks in my email.  Once it hits 500m, we start a new email until it builds up.  New characters and ones needing to buy off the AH pull from the latest, though I rarely use up the running one.

Every so often, I'll use up a couple and buy a bunch of super packs.

I also have a couple chars that hold onto recipes that I haven't crafted yet, but I'm getting a bit better of just crafting and storing then in the base now.

On 7/13/2023 at 10:22 PM, Techwright said:

did they relax the dual boxing restrictions?

On 7/13/2023 at 10:22 PM, Techwright said:

This is why I maintain a second account, and I'm guessing it's true for others, too.

Two accounts?  Those are rookie numbers.  😛

Seriously, though, I have a character named Mule Train on my third account.

• Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.