demorecording a base

sykoholic001

A couple of questions:

1) Since bases are an instance, does the whole base load (and get recorded) all at once or do I need to literally go room-to-room to record everything.

2) To what I have read, "zoning" will end a demorecording. Does using an in-base teleporter count as zoning and thus will I need to make separate demorecordings of areas of the base that are only accessible by teleporter.

3) Items in storage are considered base items. Are these recorded along with the rest of the data or do I need to actually access the storage in order to "record" them... or are they not included in the recording at all?

Note: I am asking because I am hoping I can somehow convince a GM to transfer my base to a different shard/server and they will need a demorecording of the base to do it.

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

1) Yes, the whole base loads at once. A few seconds of demorecord is all you need.

2) I'm not sure about this one, since intra-base teleports weren't a thing on live and I only ever used demorecord to make base records. My suspicion would be that it doesn't, since you've already loaded the entire base when you first entered.

3) Unfortunately, I can't answer this with certainty. Items in storage should be saved along with all the rest of the base's data but I don't have any way to actually verify that it does so.

Is there any news about any possibility using demorecords of old SG / VG bases from when was live to restore those bases here on the Homecoming shards?

I know it was possible to do so in Paragon Chat.  Might Codewalker have any advice on how to do so here?

Is there any news about any possibility using demorecords of old SG / VG bases from when was live to restore those bases here on the Homecoming shards?

I know it was possible to do so in Paragon Chat.  Might Codewalker have any advice on how to do so here?

I'm guessing for such a thing to happen either:

a) You'd have to give the files to the Homecoming Dev team and they would have to load it for you. Doubtful they'd want to do that, because if they did that for everyone it would be a full time job.

b) The Dev team would have to create some sort of interface that allows users to upload the files themselves, similar to how the costume creator allows users to upload costume files. Uncertain how likely this is, because of how much work it would be to create and implement such an interface, and the amount of additional bandwidth needed to upload/download files of that size.