Fortunata Combos and other useful tips for them

I bit the bullet and started running my 50 Fort again but it's been years since I played the character.

It's going OK... but I can't remember any of the Combos that work well together or any of the other useful tips.

A link to a page that already has what I am looking for or any pearls of wisdom you would like to drop on me would be Greatly Appreciated.

EDIT: Why is it that I don't see Spin in most of the builds? If I remember correctly there was a Combo that I used as a Starter attack that included it.

Edited by Sou1catcher

On 8/9/2023 at 12:08 AM, Koopak said:

I'm not sure what you mean by combos, forts don't have any combo mechanics. Fort Spin isn't bad but psychic wail is up enough that you basically don't need it, doubly so if you are taking enflame for max ST dps

I am not using Enflame.

Running LvL 50, no Incarnates on +3/+4 solo

When attacking from Stealth a Fort gets solid bonuses on the attack. The build has Mask Presence Luck o the Gambler and Sprint Celerity + Stealth. running.

Am I getting the Stealth I need to get the bonuses?

I have been using this rotation; Confuse on mid mob target (aggro free so I don't think it breaks Stealth), Aim, Lunge, Follow-Up (bonus to-hit and damage from stealth + Aim), Spin and then drop a Nuke (the attacks after Follow-Up should get bonuses for 10 seconds). Then I jumping out and use cone AOEs to burn them down.

Is this all functioning to full potential? Feel free to ask for any other Info you may need.

Edited by Sou1catcher

On 8/10/2023 at 10:58 AM, Sou1catcher said:

I am not using Enflame.

Its not critical i just use it because its a solid dps bump

When attacking from Stealth a Fort gets solid bonuses on the attack. The build has Mask Presence Luck o the Gambler and Sprint Celerity + Stealth. running.

Am I getting the Stealth I need to get the bonuses?

You are misunderstanding how the stealth bonus works, for the stealth bonus for VEATS, Stalkers, and any other examples like ninja training Blasters and Scrappers, the logic checks the 'hidden' state, not a given threshold of stealth or if enemies have been alerted. This hidden state is removed when you land an attack or the enemy successfully hits you. This means at defense cap you can alert mobs and still get the bonus damage from stealth on your first attack even as they swing at you provided they miss. You don't need more or less stealth to benefit. 

Celerity +Stealth is helping you though by increasing your stealth value. Bare in mind most other sources of stealth do not stack however. https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Stealth_and_Perception

I have been using this rotation; Confuse on mid mob target (aggro free so I don't think it breaks Stealth), Aim, Lunge, Follow-Up (bonus to-hit and damage from stealth + Aim), Spin and then drop a Nuke (the attacks after Follow-Up should get bonuses for 10 seconds). Then I jumping out and use cone AOEs to burn them down.

Both Fortunata's confuse power are set not to alert enemies so yes you can use them without breaking stealth. Your approach is perfectly fine but not necessarily optimal, but given you likely do not have a solid IO build yet, surviving in melee might be difficult at +3 and +4 unless you are very comfortable with your mezs. Your opener is fine, though with a solid build you wont need the spin to wipe all minions and most lts with just your nuke.

Most people make the understandable mistake of treating Fortunata as a ranged dps, but honestly its ranged attack pale in comparison to their melee options with the exception of Domination.

For context here is my current build, mainly optimized for dps and soloability but honestly short of some minor utility mez or more aura buffs im pretty confident saying its pushing the very limits of what the AT can do. Its to the point that in a team with even one or two moderate damage buffs im basically living at the cap for possible dps the AT can do to my knowledge at this time.

Acinus v4 - Arachnos Fortunata.mbd

• Like 1

• 5 months later
On 8/11/2023 at 10:58 PM, Koopak said:

For context here is my current build, mainly optimized for dps and soloability but honestly short of some minor utility mez or more aura buffs im pretty confident saying its pushing the very limits of what the AT can do. Its to the point that in a team with even one or two moderate damage buffs im basically living at the cap for possible dps the AT can do to my knowledge at this time.

Acinus v4 - Arachnos Fortunata.mbd 45.03 kB · 230 downloads

Thanks for sharing your build! Would you mind if I ask: without taking Swipe, can you still keep up a melee attack chain without any major gaps/downtime?

22 minutes ago, DrCereal said:

Thanks for sharing your build! Would you mind if I ask: without taking Swipe, can you still keep up a melee attack chain without any major gaps/downtime?

Yes, but it takes some investment in recharge, my core rotation is "Lunge -> Dominate -> Strike -> Follow Up" I replace Strike with Shatter Armor every 4th rotation, you can do it on cooldown if you want its like a 1-2 dps loss at most, but its more end heavy. I also replace Strike with Aim, Enflame, and Psychic Wail on cooldown.

If you value AoE clearing more you can drop Enflame for Spin, and Spirit Ward for something like the new Sealed Fate power coming next patch.

Edited by Koopak
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 1/28/2024 at 8:49 PM, Koopak said:

Yes, but it takes some investment in recharge, my core rotation is "Lunge -> Dominate -> Strike -> Follow Up" I replace Strike with Shatter Armor every 4th rotation, you can do it on cooldown if you want its like a 1-2 dps loss at most, but its more end heavy. I also replace Strike with Aim, Enflame, and Psychic Wail on cooldown.

If you value AoE clearing more you can drop Enflame for Spin, and Spirit Ward for something like the new Sealed Fate power coming next patch.

Thank you kindly!

• 3 weeks later