Fire Blast for Sentenils, WHY? BLAZING BLAST NOT FIRE BLAST is the COrrect ATTACK

Etched

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

And then we get players complaining about Breath of Fire being in the Ancillary Pool.

Breath of Fire makes no sense as a PBAoE attack. If players don't like the power though? This is a suggestion forum. Suggest some tweaks that doesn't completely change the power or take away a power other players use regardless of whether they are a majority or minority of the number of people using the power set.

Then don't add it there, but at least swap it for combustion in the melee. This never should have been how fire melee was set up EVER to begin with.

I never said to change BoF to be a pbaoe attack. I said a "T"aoe attack, centered around the target like touch of fear and thunderstrike are. (those need upped too esp tof/SS, and all melee IMO but esp those) with at least 10ft radius, range could be the same. This wouldn't change ANYTHING about the power except being a taoe instead of terrible cone, and it would still work as well with any theme. Regardless if they did that, they should really shave off some time on the cast time too, same with the blast set breaths (which has been known and may be getting passes next update with how they changed psy scream etc, all they'd have to do is either speed up the same animation, or shave off that "pulls head back first" part of it)

5 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Then don't add it there, but at least swap it for combustion in the melee. This never should have been how fire melee was set up EVER to begin with.

I never said to change BoF to be a pbaoe attack. I said a "T"aoe attack, centered around the target like touch of fear and thunderstrike are. (those need upped too esp tof/SS, and all melee IMO but esp those) with at least 10ft radius, range could be the same. This wouldn't change ANYTHING about the power except being a taoe instead of terrible cone, and it would still work as well with any theme. Regardless if they did that, they should really shave off some time on the cast time too, same with the blast set breaths (which has been known and may be getting passes next update with how they changed psy scream etc, all they'd have to do is either speed up the same animation, or shave off that "pulls head back first" part of it)

Okay, you said TAoE, not just radius. My mistake. Except it also doesn't make sense for a fire breath attack to be a TAoE either. Not unless it worked weird and was a cone attack with a TAoE at the end of it.

(Edit: Though I might be okay with it having an increased target cap with a slightly longer cone....)

Edited by Rudra
Edited to strike out target cap comment because power already has a 10 target cap.

For Fire Breath, my main desire is just a wider cone angle. 30 degrees works fine on ranged sets/ATs because you're gonna spend a lot of time at a distance anyways. But for a melee AT, you're gonna generally be up in peoples' faces. Having to jump out and go far away just to line up one cone attack is pretty awkward and messes up your attack chains. Almost all melee cones are wider than 30 degrees, and the few that aren't tend to be hard-hitters like Golden Dragonfly that are functionally ST attacks. 

• Like 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Okay, you said TAoE, not just radius. My mistake. Except it also doesn't make sense for a fire breath attack to be a TAoE either. Not unless it worked weird and was a cone attack with a TAoE at the end of it.

(Edit: Though I might be okay with it having an increased target cap with a slightly longer cone....)

No it still makes sense as a Taoe. Your breath is more "focused" on the single target, and then spreads out on the ground (or off target) hitting enemies in a radius around it. It 100% would work and make sense like that.

Also, longer cone wouldn't work, you're in MELEE as a MELEE AT. long doesn't do crap to add aoe when you're in melee on a narrow angle cone. Why it needs to just be the Taoe or swapped with combustion. I think making it the Taoe is the easiest route, though since the beginning it still should have had combustion instead. Just makes no sense..

Edit: To conceptualize, think of what it looks like when a blowtorch flame hits a flat surface and the flames spread outward form the center of impact. IE, Taoe

Edited by WindDemon21

39 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Edit: To conceptualize, think of what it looks like when a blowtorch flame hits a flat surface and the flames spread outward form the center of impact. IE, Taoe

I also think of a blowtorch when something smaller than the flame is inserted into the flame. (Edit: Or when the flame hits an object that isn't flat, or when it is angled to flow between objects, and so on.) The flame burns it as it passes around to reach its full length.

39 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

No it still makes sense as a Taoe. Your breath is more "focused" on the single target, and then spreads out on the ground (or off target) hitting enemies in a radius around it. It 100% would work and make sense like that.

We're obviously just going to disagree on this.

Edited by Rudra

Now I'm trying to envision how big someone's pie hole has to be to facilitate a 90 degree arc...

Virtual Smile Assessment - Bucks County Orthodontics

Yeah, widen the arc and superimpose that on every character that takes the power.  That's a fair trade-off.

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

21 hours ago, FupDup said:

For Fire Breath, my main desire is just a wider cone angle. 30 degrees works fine on ranged sets/ATs because you're gonna spend a lot of time at a distance anyways. But for a melee AT, you're gonna generally be up in peoples' faces. Having to jump out and go far away just to line up one cone attack is pretty awkward and messes up your attack chains. Almost all melee cones are wider than 30 degrees, and the few that aren't tend to be hard-hitters like Golden Dragonfly that are functionally ST attacks. 

I'd love to see a 135° Fire Breath, with an appropriate animation for it (character moving head to the left then the right). I wonder if enemies have any such animation and if it could be repurposed?

22 hours ago, Rudra said:

I also think of a blowtorch when something smaller than the flame is inserted into the flame. (Edit: Or when the flame hits an object that isn't flat, or when it is angled to flow between objects, and so on.) The flame burns it as it passes around to reach its full length.

That's when it's a super intense focused blast. Just used that as an example to visualize it. With a breath though, it would be "aimed" at the initial target, but would still spread around it, esp if aimed near their feet. It easily 100% works and makes sense, and the set needs that.

Edit: While it does make sense and works, at the VERY least, it makes ENOUGH sense, to give the set that, cause it REALLY needs it.

Edited by WindDemon21