Trying a DB/EA Scrapper

Tigersoul78

So I really think this will be my main. Back in the day I really enjoyed my DB/Will Scrapper , so Im hoping this will be just as fun.

What I don't remember are what are the best combos to use? I currently only have 1 because I'm just lvl 12. 

I'm also looking for a good build to check out and see what abilities are good to use for leveling and also post 50. Thanks for any input 🙂

In the end there are no best combos for max DPS for DB. I forget what the ideal chain is. I just know it needs a high amount of recharge. By no means can this be copy/pasted, there are some ideas here to look over. I would skip over 1K cuts and its ridiculous animation time.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I'm not necessarily looking for the top tier dps of all time. I was just wondering if there are some good combos I should be using while leveling and once I hit 50.

Also how I should slot my abilities as I level. I've mostly been doing 2 dmg , 2 acc, 1 end redux and 1 recharge. 

Single Target: 1 Acc, 1 End, 3 Damage, Optional 1 Recharge.

Multi-target: 2 Acc, 1 End, 3 Damage.

This is on a basic SO/common IO level. EA offers +Recharge so that will help in that regard. You can pick up Hasten as well and 2 slot it with Recharge. I would say for combos, Attack Vitals will be the best one with adding in BF to get the benefit of it and Typhoon's Edge for more AoE. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Blinding feint then attack vitals is what I use. They changed combos up where missing with one doesn’t disable the combo. Attack vitals being a cone is great too as it adds the extra dot damage to everything. 

I like 1k cuts but only after crit chance procs and on big groups. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

In the end there are no best combos for max DPS for DB.

True true. The best DPS rotation doesn't use a combo. Leveling up? I remember the KD combo being useful (they can't hit you if on their butt). Just remember 1k Cuts will root you until the animation is complete (holy crap it's long) so be ready to die alot during it's animation. I don't think highly of the attack and don't take it. Sweeping Strike is also a cone and its vital for ST DPS also.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another vote for BF -> AV. The recharge requirements are extremely lax so you get to run this while leveling, and the extra damage is essentially free so you are more endurance efficient than average.

You can graduate to something better post 50 if you want, which will involve a mix of Blinding Feint, Ablating Strike, Sweeping Strike, and maybe epic attacks.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/14/2023 at 9:54 PM, Tigersoul78 said:

I'm also looking for a good build to check out and see what abilities are good to use for leveling and also post 50. Thanks for any input 🙂

Leveling, just use what you can, attack vitals is your best ST chain until giga high recharge. Which is why SR and ENA are great pairings for the set when not leaning on externals.

Rotation goal: Blind>Ablating>sweep>Ablating without gaps.

Not sure if I still have the build since swapping comps, but I'll make one for you if nobody else does.

Edited by ScarySai
  • Like 1

• 1 month later