Found my Grail [personal blog/rant alert]

nihilii

On 7/26/2024 at 4:25 PM, Indarrable said:

Alas, I can't import the data chunk, but this sounds like exactly what I want as well.   Don't suppose I could ask for an up to date look?   

I think (and I could be wrong) is mids has an issue with the way the chunk is copied. Might be better to just share the build the routine way, with the mbd file. 

Beyond the topic of this thread, but mids usually fills the entire section with a data chunk; in this case, it's using 3 lines, and not wrapping the text the way it usually does. Definitely a problem with mids. (surprise, lol - still grateful for it.) 

26 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I think (and I could be wrong) is mids has an issue with the way the chunk is copied. Might be better to just share the build the routine way, with the mbd file. 

Beyond the topic of this thread, but mids usually fills the entire section with a data chunk; in this case, it's using 3 lines, and not wrapping the text the way it usually does. Definitely a problem with mids. (surprise, lol - still grateful for it.) 

Not quite the same power.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 9/3/2023 at 7:43 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

Wait . . . fury and rage boosts the damage of temp powers?  I thought they were all set to ignore +dam?  Is it all temps or certain ones?

I've only played one SS tank and one EA scrapper.  I think I might have to take a drink from your grail.

temp powers like the ones from P2W ignore boosts.  Which is why they are a ghetto "go to" when Fury dumps. they also ignore minuses.

Edited by Snarky

• 2 weeks later

First - glad you found something interesting to play. 

I didn't want to say anything until I checked out the combo myself. 
For me - it was an interesting leveling experience. A few times, I bit off more than I could chew, but not so often where I thought, "That dude must know something I don't". 

The thing is - and I understand a lot of differences are playstyle and build/slotting, the dps I had with 2x rage going was nice. The rage crash is minimal. But, tackling Siege, at +3, even as an EB..well, the crash was noticeable then, because he'd heal up and the -damage numbers don't help. If it weren't for some large reds in my email from super packs, it would've taken a lot longer. Still, nothing wrong with a little challenge. 

But - despite that, for my money, I'll take fire. FE + Burn > 2xRage + Foot Stomp. 
Now, the survivability of Energy Aura is clearly higher than FA - particularly in the higher levels when exposed to damage types beyond s/l. So, there's a case to be made, for sure. Ultimately, you've found your grail, which is great. 

I took a sip. I didn't find it bitter. I just prefer my own flask of FA. 

I'd certainly give it another go if I were to look at your build in mids. But since mids is temperamental at times, no big deal. 
Currently looking around to see what inspires me before I resort to using Troo's internet dice.