Multiple Base Entrances in SG Base

Xenon62

The other day, building an SG Base, the entrance portal (the blue swirly column) replicated itself in a room adjacent to the main entrance. It functioned like the main entrance. When I tried to move it into another room, it replicated in the other room but stayed in the original room as well, so at one point I had four of them. The last two gave me "You cannot enter" messages, but the others worked normally. And while they showed up in the room inventory, the "Sell" button was greyed out, so I couldn't delete them.

The next day, went back into the base editor, and the three duplicate portals were now green instead of red, labelled Vanguard portals, and I was able to delete them. Everything has been fine since then.

I am posting it here in case it happens to other people; when I asked for help elsewhere in the forum, and reported the next day that they turned green and were able to be deleted, someone suggested that I should post it as a bug report.

Thinking back, this is an old bug not isolated to the door as well. Basically ANYTHING that has a large-ish moving visual has a good chance for atleast a temporary bug where the moving bit will stay behind even after that component is deleted. I remember it happening to the Arcane power things a lot as well as the fancier portals.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I do recall that certain items with fx will leave their fx behind for a while.  Usually, just stepping out of the base for a bit would fix it.  Sometimes it required logging out of the game. 

However, this particular bug seems to be specific to the entrance portal, and exiting the base and logging out does not seem to alleviate the problem.  One person ended up waiting until server maintenance for it to fix itself.  Additionally, the fact that the "extras" actually turn into delete-able items is not something I've heard of before.