MacOS Sonoma Upgrade

burgundyblue

Barely toying with it in VM since beta. It was slow AF inside Parallels for the longest, but I don't think that's the best platform anymore anyways. I didn't see much difference over Ventura. TBH, Apple needs to go back to the OSX way and stop pushing out so many compatibility breaking updates.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On 10/14/2023 at 3:18 PM, uninventive said:

Been using since launch with no issues.  Didn't need to reinstall HC Launcher via Mac Installer or any permissions fixes new to Sonoma. It still works fine.

Did you go from Ventura or something older?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

On 10/15/2023 at 7:10 PM, uninventive said:

Ventura.  The only Mac I can't promote to Sonoma is on Monterey and is one year from being end of life (2014 Mac Mini).

That's what I figured. My VM test bench for OSes is a 2019 MBP running Monterey (because I hate the new Settings App).