Resistance players cannot 'teleport to contact' to Talos

Losc

Hi just an easy one I guess. I hadn't done the mish to officially exit praetorian, to enter primal earth. Yet Mistress Eva was populated to my 'find contacts'. Itchy hands so I clicked 'teleport to contact'. The splashscreen showing talos was shown, but mapserved and bumped me back to praetorian. 

On my own, all the beacons in hero zones and villains zones does not appear. Simply coz I still belong to resistance alignment. So why was Mistress Eva auto populated into my 'find contact'?

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 7.49.24 PM.png

On 10/27/2023 at 7:53 AM, Losc said:

On my own, all the beacons in hero zones and villains zones does not appear. Simply coz I still belong to resistance alignment. So why was Mistress Eva auto populated into my 'find contact'?

You can only get to a hero zone if you are in a hero-side access alignment: hero, vigilante, or rogue.

So why are you getting the choice of Mistress Eva at level 22?

Wiki says "The Resistance is a faction in the alignment of Praetoria: a Praetorian character who supports the The Resistance. At level 20, regardless of whether a character supports the Loyalists or The Resistance, they get to choose whether to become a hero or villain when they move to Primal Earth.

I'm assuming that the game thinks you are going to give up being a member of the Resistance and become hero or villain automatically when you reach level 20 in order to escape Praetoria.

Edited by UltraAlt
Corrected thanks to SuggestorK correcting my half asleep post

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Yep. You'll get random contacts you can't get to.   I have several contacts in Primal on my perma-Praetorian.   As mentioned, the game assumes you'll be leaving Praetoria so doesn't have any logic thinking you're staying.  Sometimes they'll move immediately into inactive, but not always.

15 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

You can only get to a hero zone if you are in a hero-side access alignment: hero or vigilante.

Sorry but that Info is incorrect because u forgot Rogues, they also can access Hero Zones... thats the whole Point of it.

Same As Vigilantes can go to Villain Zones.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

7 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

Sorry but that Info is incorrect because u forgot Rogues, they also can access Hero Zones... thats the whole Point of it.

Same As Vigilantes can go to Villain Zones.

Quite correct. I admit I was tired at the time.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• 5 months later

Can confirm. Same thing happened to me! lvl 20, resistance alignment, in Neutropolis, used Find Contact and saw a contact in Talos Island, itchy finger, hero load screen back to going rouge loadscreen, loaded into Nova....

Oddly enough, once in Nova I was unable to select a destination on the map, my destination remained "Mistress Eva Talos Island". I was unable to select any contact other than Mistress Eva. When I select a mission it just switches back to Mistress Eva. Reloading toon from Character select and changing zones didn't fix the issue. 

50 minutes ago, VonLightning said:

Can confirm. Same thing happened to me! lvl 20, resistance alignment, in Neutropolis, used Find Contact and saw a contact in Talos Island, itchy finger, hero load screen back to going rouge loadscreen, loaded into Nova....

Oddly enough, once in Nova I was unable to select a destination on the map, my destination remained "Mistress Eva Talos Island". I was unable to select any contact other than Mistress Eva. When I select a mission it just switches back to Mistress Eva. Reloading toon from Character select and changing zones didn't fix the issue. 

That's because, other than the game glitching into locking you into one contact and giving you a way point to a contact that isn't in the zone, it is working the way it is supposed to. As a Praetorian character, you are not permitted into any zones that are not Praetoria or Pocket D. Talos Island is off limits to you until you complete the mission that sends you to Primal Earth as a hero or villain. Just skip Mistress Eva and go talk to Doorman directly to access First Ward. ( Edit: As for your problem at end of post, log off the game, clear your system memory to be sure afterwards, then log back on.)

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct "Maria" to "Eva". And again to add "until you complete the mission that sends you to Primal Earth as a hero or a villain".

On 10/27/2023 at 5:53 AM, Losc said:

Hi just an easy one I guess. I hadn't done the mish to officially exit praetorian, to enter primal earth. Yet Mistress Eva was populated to my 'find contacts'. Itchy hands so I clicked 'teleport to contact'. The splashscreen showing talos was shown, but mapserved and bumped me back to praetorian. 

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 7.49.24 PM.png

Because as per how the Resistance members are treated as heroes for the Pocket D Spring Event missions, and because the game only has 2 actual alignments with additional flags to try to incorporate the other alignments, the game thinks you are a hero for the purposes of Mistress Eva being available to send you to the Praetorian zone of First Ward would be my guess.