Recking ball Energy/Energy

Reningrendir

Have you ever wanted to knock things around like a recking ball and be half as tough as one?

This build absolutely nails both those requirements!

With this build you're going to get strong single target and AOE knocks up to a 45 mag aoe knock (nova). 

This build utilizes energy for its defense because you get a great mix of defense and resist. My thought process when choosing a sentinel is as simple as this. With this playstyle you're probably going to catch agro from sending things flying. When catching agro a blaster is the last thing you want to be so there should probably be a reasonably strong amount of damage prevention and mitigation in the build. When it came time to choose which defensive powerset to select I thought practically. Energy is one of my favorite defensive sets for characters who have the 75% limit. The reason for that is because there is no defense limit to those classes. With some common sense IO slotting and picks from the fighting pool you can really round out your resists and defenses. 

Disclaimers...

This build will not be top damage in any group of 50's. Because I made sacrifices to include more knock, the fire resistance is a lot lower than it would typically be in a standard build. 19% isn't good, but 39% fire defense makes up for it. The purpose of this build is to have fun sending things flying around the map. A mag 45 knock back is going to put things on top of buildings and probably annoy your team mates so if you get a pm telling you to cool it post a screen shot below.

Strengths

Knock: Your enemies are going to get sent to the moon

Self healing: The heal is going to give you 682 hp and a 340 hp shield with a 28 sec recharge

Endurance: There is a lot to be said for how awesome power drain is! 2 enemies will give 71 endurance with a 20 sec cooldown

Durability: your defenses are pretty great for a ranged character who shouldn't be getting hit a lot to begin with and your resists will more than likely take care of most things that get by the defenses.

Solo Friendly: This class is built tough if you want to have fun knocking things with out pissing off team mates soloing is a great option.

Weaknesses

Damage: You're a sentinel, your using a nerf gun with tacks glued to the tips while everyone else has a bb gun. This set up is not for anyone who wants to do more than good enough damage

Annoyance: You are probably going to annoy your team mates if you open up every other fight with a nova that scatters enemies across the map (post pms you get down below)

Closing statements 

This class is built for fun, please do not use this build to deliberately annoy your team mates in game. I doubt they will appreciate you casting nova after their fold space. The knock back is fun but use some discretion before sending 8-10 enemies into orbit. Lastly...I am speaking from personal experience here, if you get confused...don't hit nova! Your team will scatter from your knock back and die because they landed in enemy packs. At most we have like -18 knock resist...a 600 damage mag 27 knock into a +4x8 pack isn't appreciated by any blaster. Please be safe with this build and enjoy it

Sentinel (Energy Blast - Energy Aura).mbd

Sentinel base ranged damage is barely lower than Blasters (Blasters pull out ahead with Defiance). Pull up the values in City of Data for the same power between both AT's and generally it's gonna be pretty close (main exception being nukes because Sent nukes recharge faster but do less damage generally). Their melee damage modifier is actually a little bit higher than Blasters. Sentinels' "lack of damage" is severely overexaggerated, if not outright fake news ever since they got revamped. 

In the case of this particular build, 6-slotting Kinetic Crash will definitely eat into your damage output quite a bit, but that's not a Sentinel problem at that point. 

• Like 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

The disparity across blaster primaries (and secondaries) for damage is wider than the gap between blasters and sentinels. Take an electric/bio sentinel and you need a really good blaster combo to beat it in damage. Granted the AOE gap is still there, but for blowing down a single target, sentinels are really not far behind, and in some cases would even be ahead.