Doc Holliday Homage

drgantz

I was thinking of DP/Poison Corruptor, but  I read one comment that Poison is good with Def, but not so good with Corr.  I was thinking that Poison would be good since Doc was a dentist and would have access to various drugs.

Does anyone thinking that DP/Poison would be good, or have other suggestions?

Btw, I already have homages to Dirty Harry and Wyatt Earp, which are DP/Temp and DP/MC.

I can tell you that even though I enjoyed my poison/dp defender, I think that poison needs a buff (here comes the "you're playing it wrong" crowd).  Poison is a very fun set, but the AoE splash is too small and too weak to be particularly good, you're left with basically a single target debuff set.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

Val Kilmer's Doc Holliday in Tombstone was very much a team buff/support in addition to being a skilled duelist.  He also used his lack of fear of death as a way to debuff his enemies.

Combine that with his dentistry practice as a "healer" and I think a DP/Pain Corr is a great fit.

If you build for Resistances, between your toggle aura heal, normal pbaoe heal, and a +tohit +dmg +res PBAOE buff you're incredibly tough and make your team tougher.  You've got a powerful PBAOE -def -res enemy debuff.  An ally heal and ally rez that gives you +dmg and you can buff an ally with your t9 Painbringer.

I've run this as AR/Pain and greatly enjoyed it

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1