Earth Affinity

Zugzwangz

Whilst day dreaming, I thought of a neat powerset, and I thought I'd share my idea.

1 - Rumbling Earth: Single Target, Significant Slow, -Recharge, -damage.

2 - Mud Shell: Group Shield, +defense.

3 - Earthen Might: Single Target Ally, +damage, +defense, +damage resistance.

4 - Earth Shield: AoE Absorb.

5 - Natural Minerals: PBAoE Heal + AoE Absorb: Strong heal, moderate CD. 30 Seconds?

6 - Crystallize: AoE Damage, -def. 

7 - Wellspring: PBAoE +Endurance over time. 30 Endurance over 5 seconds.

8 - Volcanic Armor: Single Target Ally: PBAoE damage around a single ally. Think of it as giving an ally Blazing Aura for a period of time. Heals ally each tick based on how many enemies hit. 

9 - Subduction: Enemy AoE: -defense, -damage resistance, -hit, Ally AoE: +defense, +damage resistance, +hit

Love it or hate it....

I want an Earth Secondary for Controllers!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

is subduction like fulcrum shift, aoe around mob+aoe ariund you? or an ally-or-enemy 2 mode affair?

something unique, and probably harder to implement might be an effect on crystalize.

-- damages all. allies caught in cast that are <30% hp after strike are stunned/held mag 999, rez debt protect, and slain 5s later. they return to life at 50% health and 25% mana 5s later. if crystalize affects an ally in this way, its next cooldown is increased 240s, caster accrues 500*0.2*player_lvl xp debt. OP? howling twilight is OP.  it should do decent damage.

spacer.png

Edited by honoroit

19 hours ago, Zugzwangz said:

7 - Wellspring: PBAoE +Endurance over time. 30 Endurance over 5 seconds.

I like the set overall, and think an earth-themed buff set would fit nicely with what we have.  That being said, I'd probably rename/rework "Wellspring" to be something more earth/rock/lava themed - maybe an inverse of volcanic gasses, like "invigorating minerals" or such...

On 11/8/2023 at 8:17 AM, srmalloy said:

It sounds to me like it's 'use on an enemy, get this effect, use on an ally get this other effect'.

This. It's an either/or. A rather neat, fresh, effect. 

On 11/8/2023 at 7:44 AM, honoroit said:

is subduction like fulcrum shift, aoe around mob+aoe ariund you? or an ally-or-enemy 2 mode affair?

something unique, and probably harder to implement might be an effect on crystalize.

-- damages all. allies caught in cast that are <30% hp after strike are stunned/held mag 999, rez debt protect, and slain 5s later. they return to life at 50% health and 25% mana 5s later. if crystalize affects an ally in this way, its next cooldown is increased 240s, caster accrues 500*0.2*player_lvl xp debt. OP? howling twilight is OP.  it should do decent damage.

spacer.png

Perhaps Crystallize should be redesigned altogether: Instead, maybe it should be something like: Grow and shatter crystals on opponents dealing x damage to them. Allies near the shatter zone get y defense for each opponent damaged this way. That way it would double as an offensive and support ability. Or perhaps it can fall into the multitarget convention of "yields x defense depending on the rank of the initial target" to give it some beef whilst battling AVs. 

My idea for the Earth Affinity set is to provide defensive/damage resistance shields and absorbs, while doing moderate debuffing. I want it to have one major AoE heal (Natural Minerals) and a sustain heal for a ST (ideally the tank with Volcanic Armor). Both with decent CDs to focus more on absorbs, and only using the heals when absolutely necessary. 

Having multiple "target enemy: effect A, target ally: effect B" lends itself to unique gameplay choices. I honestly think it would be neat if all the abilities had those options, but that may be too complex for target-of-target gameplay. 

• Like 1