The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Assault Rifle Animations

Cybersbe

For flavor potential, I was wondering if would be at all feasible to add animation options to M30 Grenade, Flamethrower, and Ignite.

Specifically, allowing the grenade to be thrown, and for our characters to use an off-hand handheld flamethrower, instead of all three using an under barrel attachment that not every available model has.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cybersbe said:

For flavor potential, I was wondering if would be at all feasible to add animation options to M30 Grenade, Flamethrower, and Ignite.

Specifically, allowing the grenade to be thrown, and for our characters to use an off-hand handheld flamethrower, instead of all three using an under barrel attachment that not every available model has.

You would basically have to recode all the powers to include options using different animations.  I don't have the numbers offhand, but does the animation time for M30 grenade match that of the hand-thrown varieties?  When you say "offhand flamethrower", do you mean that your character would lower the AR while still holding it in one hand, then fire a flamethrower in the other, or just switch to it?

I still would like to see some of the Beam rifle "shouldering" animations ported over to Assault rifle... Those that want to always shoot from the hip in typical "hero" fashion can, but it would be nice to an alternate style for those of us who want a more realistic military style of shouldering the rifle and aiming.  I don't think that would be a hard lift to accomplish.

40 minutes ago, Cybersbe said:

and for our characters to use an off-hand handheld flamethrower,

This would require whole new animations, and models, to be generated since the point of origin for the attack would have to be shifted to the new location and aligned with the new model. There is also still the problem of having to overhaul the costume creator to allow a single character's single power set to use more than one weapon unless the offhand flamethrower was a set model that players could not choose their preferred model from.

9 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

I still would like to see some of the Beam rifle "shouldering" animations ported over to Assault rifle... Those that want to always shoot from the hip in typical "hero" fashion can, but it would be nice to an alternate style for those of us who want a more realistic military style of shouldering the rifle and aiming.  I don't think that would be a hard lift to accomplish.

If the Beam Rifle animations line up for time with the Assault Rifle animations, then no, it really shouldn't be a hard lift to accomplish. Otherwise? Depends on how much the devs would have to alter the existing animations to make them work.

2 minutes ago, Rudra said:

This would require whole new animations, and models, to be generated since the point of origin for the attack would have to be shifted to the new location and aligned with the new model. There is also still the problem of having to overhaul the costume creator to allow a single character's single power set to use more than one weapon unless the offhand flamethrower was a set model that players could not choose their preferred model from.

To clarify, I didn't envision allowing the players to choose what the off hand flamethrower looked like. I just thought they could maybe make a smaller version of the flamethrower model that's used by some enemies (like the Longbow Flamethrower), and just have it appear out of nowhere when the character uses the attack. Either that or make some kind of aerosol flamethrower.

At any rate, I was kinda spitballing with this topic, and I kinda get that it may not be feasible. But hey, I thought it was worth asking to find out.

51 minutes ago, biostem said:

You would basically have to recode all the powers to include options using different animations.  I don't have the numbers offhand, but does the animation time for M30 grenade match that of the hand-thrown varieties?  When you say "offhand flamethrower", do you mean that your character would lower the AR while still holding it in one hand, then fire a flamethrower in the other, or just switch to it?

I imagined lowering the AR while still holding it, firing the flamethrower with the other hand.

• Thumbs Up 1