Undefined Mode costume question

Camelbobsled

Forgiveness if this has been asked and answered, but is there a reason for the silver and evil costume variants missing the storm elemental aura that the basic Undefined Mode has? It seems for 1,500 aether’s that all 3 should have access to aura effect, colored correctly for whichever is selected. Just seems unusual to me, thanks in advance for any and all answers.

Because that aura was only a part of the original COH character creator model and was not present in the other versions of the Undefined model as far as I know. It's just being true to how those models appeared in-game.  By the way I always wanted to use that green blob in-game when I was a kid, so I'm saving up for it right now. I'm about halfway to 1500... Torn between putting it on my psi scrapper or human-only peacebringer... I'm a big fan of that green undefined model... I've never seen ANYONE actually use it...

Edited by Azari

@Azari Hmm, I guess that is probably the most reasonable explanation. Thanks for throwing that out there for me to mull over. I do wish that the other 2 had the option for the aura, the green undefined has the minimal fx option yet silver and evil just default to minimal which seems crazy for the price point of the 1,500 aether's. I'm on the fence for saving up but I wish you good fortune on your road to landing the other half of the required aether's.

39 minutes ago, Camelbobsled said:

@Azari Hmm, I guess that is probably the most reasonable explanation. Thanks for throwing that out there for me to mull over. I do wish that the other 2 had the option for the aura, the green undefined has the minimal fx option yet silver and evil just default to minimal which seems crazy for the price point of the 1,500 aether's. I'm on the fence for saving up but I wish you good fortune on your road to landing the other half of the required aether's.

What kind of toon did you plan on using it on?

Tough choice. I've been messing with it on the test server on random alts. Leaning towards a visually hectic armor set to try and layer the visuals and colors. I do like the Shadow prismatic aura in conjunction with the undefined. I could see rolling up a Energy Aura stalker that uses Disrupt for the bonkers visual that thing gives. Who knows. PB sounds pretty dope, pure human gets some nice armor visuals.  

Man I wish I could bring myself to get a few of these costumes, but take your undefined mode at 1,500 PAPs. Last I checked a PAP averages for 4 million on the AE, so that's 6 billion influence for a special costume. I'd rather fully IO out 6 toons than buy one costume at that price.

That said some of them look cool, but maybe I'm just a cheapskate.

21 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Man I wish I could bring myself to get a few of these costumes, but take your undefined mode at 1,500 PAPs. Last I checked a PAP averages for 4 million on the AE, so that's 6 billion influence for a special costume. I'd rather fully IO out 6 toons than buy one costume at that price.

I bought it so it would show up in my info tab that I had it. Never used it.

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

nah you are an adult that understands the value of time and money.

• Like 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Yeah, one of the reasons I am not playing much is this new currency.   Er, and my new job, German language study, and trying to keep a workout schedule lol

But seriously, the ideas i have for alts (mostly mini mode) are just a bridge too far of burning inf.  So combined with life pressures there is just no motivation to dive too far in