City of Giants

Rudra

This is a petty request, but one I can't keep myself from posting any longer. Most days it feels like I'm playing City of Giants. Once I get past the Hellions and Skulls, I just see giants everywhere. 5th Column or Council? If you find a normal size human, you automatically think you found a midget. (At least I do.) And these guys are humans. Arachnos Crab Spiders? I don't think I've ever seen one that my 6 feet 2 inch character wasn't craning neck over looking in throat. (I can't look them in the face, the game keeps me looking at their upper sternum or lower neck.) Freakshow? Check. They stand around 6' 5" - 7' tall. Almost every one of them.

I get that some factions are going to have BIG characters. My request is the size slider for the mobs not be skewed to maximum height for nearly everything. It's rather frustrating when I go for a tall character, but since my character isn't max height, I'm a toddler smacking their gut. (And even when I make a max height character, I routinely find normal human enemies towering over my max height character. A normal human just wearing some armor. Is towering at least a full head over my max height character.)

Like I said, this is a petty request and one I don't expect to be addressed. Like ever if I'm even the slightest bit honest about suggestion probabilities being accepted and implemented. However, some days, it's just frustrating as all Hell to be running around City of Giants on my tall character feeling like a child picking fights with the full grown adults around me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wonder what capabilities the devs have to adjust the heights of existing mobs - I mean, there does seem to be some variability among them, but never extremely short or tall.  It is annoying when fighting some groups, like DE, where even their weakest minion-class enemies tower over a max-height character.   Partly comical, but maybe 8' is the new 6'?  😛

The super tall Council guys at least make sense because they're chemically enhanced super soldiers. Crab Spiders have the excuse of very heavy and bulky armor, possible super soldier enhancements too. 

Average thugs on the other hand...yeah they really shouldn't be so tall. Being 6"5 feels like a dwarf sometimes in this game. 

Edited by FupDup
  • Thumbs Up 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

To be fair, half the time it feels like the players are huge.  I'm typically on my main (about "average" height, 5'7" female), and often feel small from just hanging around my teammates.  It's to the point where it's weird if the rest of the team is about my size.

So, um, I guess it's possible that the average size of thugs, council soldiers, and supers in general are just... that sized? (Plus the Natural store shopkeeps... they're usually pretty big)

• Like 1