War Mace vs. Battle Axe

Lockpick

i didnt ultimately like war mace but it was fine.  solid single target chain, but whirling mace just feels super trash.  crowd control is the real aoe of the set but the con AI doesnt always play nice with melee cones as opposed to a PBAoE.  disorient is kinda useful but also not so much.  set also has quite a few knockback powers for FF recharge procs which is nice.  smashing damage is generally better than lethal damage.

battle axe is quite good now but the actual aoe damage feels lacking.  good single target chain and a slew of -defense and knockback for the juicy IO procs.  For me -- pendulum just isnt it (it feels great on tanker with gauntlet radius).  Axe cyclone is amazing utility sporting a huge radius and the suction, but the damage is pitiful.  you can compensate with crit ball lightning anyways... and that is when you'll start to feel powerful in packs.

i would recommend battle axe. 

energy aura is a very good pairing for battle axe cause it gulps endurance quickly... and energy aura is just a solid defense set regardless.

• Like 1

My in-game build for my BA/stone is slightly different than what I have in Mid's, but I just did Armageddon: Fire proc in Axe Cyclone and FF: +Recharge in Cleave for procs outside of the sets which I used for the rest of the slots in the melee attacks. I have a WM at 21 which I haven't played in ages, but BA was fun getting to 50 with it being near all of it solo. Both are slower set and BA certainly burns end, so EA will be great for either. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."