Snaptooth keeps chickening out

Skyhawke

So, I'm on DJ Zero's mission to stop Snaptooth. I've done it once already and everything went fine. Now, however, after defeating him as a Boss, when he dives underground he never resurfaces. I can take out the incoming Red Caps, but Snaptooth never comes back and the mission can't be completed. I've tried resetting it. I've tried abandoning and retaking it. Nothing works. Any ideas?

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Well, he's supposed to already be an EB in that mission. It's the defend the portal mission in the spring where he upgrades. So my best guess? Since he is supposed to already start as an EB, but you have him start as a boss, the game glitches because he can't upgrade to the point he is already. Check your boss settings and make sure you have bosses enabled like @lemming said.

8 hours ago, Rudra said:

Well, he's supposed to already be an EB in that mission. It's the defend the portal mission in the spring where he upgrades. So my best guess? Since he is supposed to already start as an EB, but you have him start as a boss, the game glitches because he can't upgrade to the point he is already. Check your boss settings and make sure you have bosses enabled like @lemming said.

That's the one I'm talking about. DJ Zero offers that one up now, too. The other mission with Snaptooth, the one you're thinking of, comes from Father Time. Trust me, I've gotten all of badges from that mission while venting my frustration on that version of Snaptooth. 😄

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

7 hours ago, Skyhawke said:

That's the one I'm talking about. DJ Zero offers that one up now, too. The other mission with Snaptooth, the one you're thinking of, comes from Father Time. Trust me, I've gotten all of badges from that mission while venting my frustration on that version of Snaptooth. 😄

My mistake. Apologies.

What sort of character are you using to fight him? Maybe there's some sort of weird power interaction that's stopping him from transforming.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

• 1 month later

So, managed to replicate this bug.

If my scrapper defeats him and he dives into the ground at my feet, he doesn't come back.   If I get out of the immediate area though, he acts per usual.

Just managed to replicate this a few times in a row.

Having the same issue. The first time I tried, he came back after the first defeat but didn't return after the second. The second time I tried, he didn't return after the first defeat.

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

10 hours ago, sykoholic001 said:

Having the same issue. The first time I tried, he came back after the first defeat but didn't return after the second. The second time I tried, he didn't return after the first defeat.

It's a fairly easy to replicate bug now.   It looks like Snaptooth sees if the spot he's spawning is empty, and if not, he doesn't spawn.  I've only done it with my own characters, but haven't seen if pets will screw it up.

I remember this happening on live. It’s an old bug. Maybe someone can look up the old forums to see if anyone had an answer to why? 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.