I don’t own a Mac computer or windows

I have a hewlett packard Chromebook. Is there anyway to download it onto that? I have tried to download both and cannot on this. I have a PS5 can I down load it on that? I am a bit slow when it comes to these things. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

you can install Ubuntu if you are willing to nuke the chrome O/S. I have run it on that using WINE. That's a bit drastic but I think it's possible.

TINKERERS and LEOTARDED personal supergroups on Reunion; open bases! codes TB-9014 and LT-1051

TinkerBell (MAIN) super reflexes / martial arts tanker & badge hunter; Sarabraxus, energy / energy blaster; Sarathustra, fire / therm corruptor

Scotch Bonnie / Caroline Reaper, fire/ss brutes & fire farmers; Granny Fix It / Green Granny / Great Granny, empathy/psi defenders; plus a few others.

@Xarah formerly on Champion, Triumph, Victory, now @chuckv2 / @chuckv3 / @chuckv4 on Reunion

• Game Master
Posted (edited)

Not advised for most users.

While Google did an about face in bad press and opened up a lot of ChromeOS firmware info for homebrew development, there are still a large number of ChromeOS devices that it won't work on.

• There's still a handful of Intel/AMD systems that have locked bootloaders.  (Your only choice in that case is Crostini or using a chroot-based solution that run the game on a software layer away from 'native' hardware.  Layperson talk: it'll run slower on a system already a bit slow for gaming.)
  • ARM Chromebooks are a non-starter.  HC Launcher won't install on ARM processors without a x86 Emulator.  (Apple M-Series: they cheat, thanks to Rosetta 2.) Box86 is a possibility, but has the same drawback as Crostini/chroot.  (Remember: Wine is Not Emulation.  It can fake Windows apps into running on Linux, but it can't fake the architecture.)

It is far easier just using a different system.  Even if you get it working it can feel like a house of cards to keep it that way for long.

SOURCE: I tried it on a 2016 model, which was the sweet spot for systems friendly for Linux/Windows conversion.  My current Chromebook is in the ARM camp.

Edited by GM Tock

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

18 hours ago, Psyonico said:

No, the game only runs on Windows or MacOS, or if you're very savvy, Linux.

Honestly, you don't have to be that savvy for the Linux install either.  

Though as someone who has been a Unix user since the early 80s, maybe I'm not the best judge of that. 😉

I just know it's a lot easier to get stuff running now than even ten years ago