Looking for Binds/Macros for Storm/Storm

adran06

The name says it all. I've been working on a Storm/Storm Corrupter, and I'm about to hit level 10, but I want to find out what good macros/binds players have made. I've already gotten some help with Storm Cell, but am hoping to see what else there is.

Can't help with Storm Blast but you might reuse the two I have for Storm Summoning which are "dump Freezing Rain or Tornado onto the target"

/macro FR "powexec_location target Freezing Rain"

/macro TO "powexec_location target Tornado"

Gives you two buttons and when you click them the power is automatically cast at your target (rather than needing to manually place). I keep them on Tray 1 with Tray 2 immediately above showing the native version (for when you want to place manually)

image.png.f7722bfdebdd5d3fd187cc45f195f980.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later
On 1/15/2024 at 3:46 AM, Carnifax said:

Can't help with Storm Blast but you might reuse the two I have for Storm Summoning which are "dump Freezing Rain or Tornado onto the target"

/macro FR "powexec_location target Freezing Rain"

/macro TO "powexec_location target Tornado"

Gives you two buttons and when you click them the power is automatically cast at your target (rather than needing to manually place). I keep them on Tray 1 with Tray 2 immediately above showing the native version (for when you want to place manually)

image.png.f7722bfdebdd5d3fd187cc45f195f980.png

Am I mistaken, or couldn't a player also add the power image of Freezing Rain and Tornado to the Macro also? 

So yeah, it is pretty easy to do. By using the below macro, I made the Sleet power icon with the command as executing the power on the target.

/macro_image "ColdDomination_Sleet" "On Target" "powexec_location target Sleet"

image.png.4c9380ba116bf57d314da97e23735fd7.png

Only problem is the macro is static, so when the power is on cooldown, the macro still shows the image as if it were up and ready. At least it don't have to keep dropping the location of Sleet or Blizzard!

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

3 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Am I mistaken, or couldn't a player also add the power image of Freezing Rain and Tornado to the Macro also? 

So yeah, it is pretty easy to do. By using the below macro, I made the Sleet power icon with the command as executing the power on the target.

/macro_image "ColdDomination_Sleet" "On Target" "powexec_location target Sleet"

image.png.4c9380ba116bf57d314da97e23735fd7.png

Only problem is the macro is static, so when the power is on cooldown, the macro still shows the image as if it were up and ready. At least it don't have to keep dropping the location of Sleet or Blizzard!

That's why I like to stack them one below the other, the originals let you know how long is left to recharge.

• Like 1

Or you could place the powers in a power tray and rebind the key that normally activates the power to fire off your powexec_location. Example for if you storm cell was in your primary tray's 6th slot "/bind 6, powexec_location target "storm cell"". Doing it this way, you don't clutter your trays with macros, when you fire it off using 6, the power activates and shows that it's on cool down, and if you mouse click the power you still have access to the locational placer should you not want it to drop on your target.

• Like 1

This may or may not be what you were looking for, but here's what I did for my Storm/Storm. Note that "H" is my Hybrid slot bind key and "L" is my Lore slot bind key.

/bind g "Powexec_location 0:5 Storm Cell$$powexec_location target Storm Cell"

/bind j "Powexec_location 0:5 Freezing Rain$$powexec_location target Freezing Rain"

/bind k "Powexec_location 0:5 Tornado$$powexec_location target Tornado"

/bind i "Powexec_location 0:5 Category Five$$powexec_location target Category Five"

/bind o "Powexec_location 0:5 Category Five$$powexec_location target Category Five"

Each of these places the patch 5 units in front of you if you have nothing targeted or puts it on your target if it is in range. Note if you are standing on something that the game doesn't think is the "ground" then the bind won't drop the patch.