Ouroboros Removes All Powers

Rudra

I did not check to see if this was already reported. However, I made a brand new level 1 character and used a convenient Ouroboros portal to access Ouroboros and all my powers disappeared.

You mean it cleared your trays?

I've had that happen as well, though not necessarily with Ouro.   I think I've noticed it with characters I've skipped the tutorial on, and then logged in later to find their trays empty.  At level 1, I just shruged and repopulated since it hasn't been consistent.  (And I think I normally had it happen on test servers, since I rarely skip the tutorial on live)

15 hours ago, Rudra said:

I did not check to see if this was already reported. However, I made a brand new level 1 character and used a convenient Ouroboros portal to access Ouroboros and all my powers disappeared.

Any more info?

That's pretty limited.

I'm assuming you are saying that the trays were all empty.

Did you have more than one tray open? (I'm assuming this doesn't make any difference)

What archetype and power sets did you have?

I'm assuming your character wasn't a Praetorian that somehow managed to get an O-portal at level 1. Was it a Hero or villain character? (I'm guessing it would be more likely to be a villain)? 

Did you travel to the Ouroboros from the open world or from the Pocket D (or other co-op location) or sg base?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

That's a bug with level one characters.  Like @lemming said, that can happen after logging a level one character out as well, and then finding the power trays empty after logging back on.  It's happened to me in both Breakout and Precinct 5, so tutorial zone or not doesn't matter.  It's an annoying little bug that's been in the game since Issue 27, but the powers should still be there, just need to pulled back into the power trays.

• Like 1

Yeah, it was just that the tray that got cleared. I re-populated with the 2 powers I was planning on using, so that wasn't a concern. Character was a brand new level 1 and I had not done any of the tutorials. I had not expanded the power trays, so it was just the 1. What got me to report this was that it was not a log off/log on thing, but that when I zoned from Atlas Park to Ouroboros, I suddenly had empty power trays.

Edit:

Tackling @UltraAlt's questions.

Did I have more than 1 tray open? No.

What archetype did I have? Corruptor.

What power sets did I have? Dark Blast and Dark Miasma.

Praetorian, hero, or villain? Hero.

How did I access Ouroboros? I was standing near Ms. Liberty in Atlas Park asking for a portal. Saw someone spawn a portal not too far away, ran over, and used it.

So not in Pocket D or a SG base.

As an aside, the sole purpose of the new character was to test for available missions in Echo: Atlas Park per another thread in the Suggestions forum. So the character has not been retained having served its purpose.

Edited by Rudra

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Did I have more than 1 tray open? No.

What archetype did I have? Corruptor.

What power sets did I have? Dark Blast and Dark Miasma.

Praetorian, hero, or villain? Hero.

How did I access Ouroboros? I was standing near Ms. Liberty in Atlas Park asking for a portal. Saw someone spawn a portal not too far away, ran over, and used it.

So not in Pocket D or a SG base.

As an aside, the sole purpose of the new character was to test for available missions in Echo: Atlas Park per another thread in the Suggestions forum. So the character has not been retained having served its purpose.

I haven't had this happen to me, but, by default, my setting are saved so that the 3 stack is open along with 5 other trays.

I'm still thinking that having an archetype that wasn't originally available to that alignment of your character might have something to do with it especially if the character has 0 xp.

I'll have to try jumping into an O-portal with no xp and see what happens.

TIP: You can spawn a O-portal with one of your character, log out, log into another of your characters, and the O-portal your first character spawned is still there ... if you log back in before the timer runs out.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

4 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

I haven't had this happen to me, but, by default, my setting are saved so that the 3 stack is open along with 5 other trays.

I'm still thinking that having an archetype that wasn't originally available to that alignment of your character might have something to do with it especially if the character has 0 xp.

I'll have to try jumping into an O-portal with no xp and see what happens.

TIP: You can spawn a O-portal with one of your character, log out, log into another of your characters, and the O-portal your first character spawned is still there ... if you log back in before the timer runs out.

Someone else pointed out we can just enter city hall and enter RV to get our own portal as well.

• Thanks 1

The way to prevent this bug is to rearrange powers.

Even just moving 1 power into a different slot prevents this from happening, which leads me to believe the bug lies in how the tray it's auto populated and why it only appears on level 1s.

What this team needs is more Defenders

7 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I'm assuming your character wasn't a Praetorian that somehow managed to get an O-portal at level 1.

While it's possible for a Praetorian to get an Ouro Portal, they can't enter it.   I think the only way for a praetorian to get the portal is to do a FB via a crystal in a base, so not until later as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Rudra said:

Someone else pointed out we can just enter city hall and enter RV to get our own portal as well.

Thanks, I keep forgetting about that way.

3 hours ago, lemming said:

While it's possible for a Praetorian to get an Ouro Portal, they can't enter it. 

So it is true!

They are trapped in a dystopian world of their own choosing until they can level their way out of it!

... or can they get to the Pocket D and talk to Null the Gull to escape their fate even at level 1?

13 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:
3 hours ago, lemming said:

While it's possible for a Praetorian to get an Ouro Portal, they can't enter it. 

So it is true!

They are trapped in a dystopian world of their own choosing until they can level their way out of it!

... or can they get to the Pocket D and talk to Null the Gull to escape their fate even at level 1?

Praetorians can access Pocket D any time they want. Studio 55 in Imperial City and SG bases give them access. However, until they go to Primal Earth via one of those 2 missions that changes them to either a Hero or a Villain, they cannot change their alignment to access anywhere else on Primal Earth. (Edit: And Ouroboros is still a part of Primal Earth, just like the Shadow Shard is, despite being another dimension itself.)

Edit: Yeah, just verified. Null the Gull doesn't even have the alignment change option when you talk to him as a Praetorian.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/15/2024 at 7:26 PM, Rudra said:

Okay. I did something else instead with the same result.

I logged into the game.

My character's 3 stack was not open, but I had 5 more trays open that - upon zoning in to the City for the first time - were all set to tray 1 and they all had the population of default powers that one would expect.

Before moving or doing anything, I logged out of the game and back in again. 

My trays - that had been populated by default when zoning into the City for the first time - were empty upon logging back in. 

Hero - Sentinel - hadn't moved from where I zoned in down the steps from Ms Liberty.

Edited by UltraAlt

This is a very old bug from live not since I 27 and it havent hit me since i joined HC in 2019, but i move at least 1 power after char creation as it was pointed out that seemingly prevents the bug and move him into city hall before logging him out for having patrol XPs to level him up.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

3 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

This is a very old bug from live not since I 27 and it havent hit me since i joined HC in 2019, but i move at least 1 power after char creation as it was pointed out that seemingly prevents the bug and move him into city hall before logging him out for having patrol XPs to level him up.

Unless you have another reason to log off in city hall, that isn't necessary. You earn Patrol XP regardless of where you log off.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Rudra said:

Unless you have another reason to log off in city hall, that isn't necessary. You earn Patrol XP regardless of where you log off.

Yes i know that but do you know that City Hall is a day job location and in that case the nearest one from starting point? 😉

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server