LF spines/fire build that can afk **Elite Boss** farms

alphamax

I have a spines/fire brute I built years ago to easily afk regular fire farms. I pop into the middle of the asteroid map and walk away from the computer. 15min later everything's dead.

*However*, every equivalent map I've tried that has Elite Bosses destroys him in less than a minute.

I should mention I afk with Healing Flames on auto, with a ~15sec cooldown.

I won't trouble you all with my full build, but fwiw here are the stats below. What do I need to do to 'graduate' to have him afk EB fire farms?

image.png.7f90c7df1535855210ec3a0f58fe9523.png 

2 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

Do you have the four auto accolades?  Those would be a big help.  Invader/Task Force Commander, High Pain Threshold/Freedom Phalanx Reserve, Born in Battle/Portal Jockey, and Marshal/Atlas Medallion?

Sure do. The HP and Endurance totals already include those 4 accolades.

I also run Ageless, Assault, Musculature, Ion, and Reactive incarnates all max tiered.

Edited by alphamax

Why do you ask with healing flames on auto instead of burn?

Make sure the map you're doing doesn't have mobs that use the fire swords, a recent patch made those do -defense as a means of killing afk farmers.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Why do you ask with healing flames on auto instead of burn?

Make sure the map you're doing doesn't have mobs that use the fire swords, a recent patch made those do -defense as a means of killing afk farmers.

There is no -def on the map I use. I confirmed this even on the EB versions... I stopped using those -def farms after the AE changes in 2022. Those wrecked him.

I use healing flames on auto because since those AE changes the aggro cap is gone for ranged attacks. I have as many as 40+ mobs use range attacks at times, which does whittle down HP eventually. I would find him dead about 30% of the time while I went afk.

Healing flames ensures 100% no death while afk.

I'm not going for speed runs with this build.

Which maps have no -def?

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

29 minutes ago, PLVRIZR said:

Which maps have no -def?

I use several. However I assume they have lower xp/inf returns? don't know never really bothered checking.

For example this is what I used just now, running solo at L50+ and +4/8:

minion- 3,856k xp and 5,410 inf

lt- 7,543 xp and 18,101 inf

boss- 24,259 xp and 60,646 inf

When I do the EB map

elite boss- 46,361xp and 115,902 inf

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

This is not necessary on a proper AFK build.

Please define "proper" in terms of minimum resist, defense, and any other relevant stats. Mine are featured in the original post.

15 minutes ago, alphamax said:

Please define "proper" in terms of minimum resist, defense, and any other relevant stats. Mine are featured in the original post.

Mine has your stats plus 3 power transfer procs and maybe a smidge more regeneration. Do you have power transfer procs?

11 minutes ago, arcane said:

Mine has your stats plus 3 power transfer procs and maybe a smidge more regeneration. Do you have power transfer procs?

I have none. According to mids that's 75 HP per proc, x9 (3 PPM each) = 675 HP heal / minute.

Healing Flames heals me for 732 HP / 15 sec = 2,928 HP heal / minute.

Mayyyybe that could make a difference on my standard (non-EB) maps, I could respec and try it. I have stamina/superior conditioning/physical perfection that I would just reslot.

Either way though, that heal is a fraction of healing flames, which itself still isn't enough for EB maps... so my original question for an afk EB farmer remains unanswered.

2 hours ago, alphamax said:

I have none. According to mids that's 75 HP per proc, x9 (3 PPM each) = 675 HP heal / minute.

Healing Flames heals me for 732 HP / 15 sec = 2,928 HP heal / minute.

Mayyyybe that could make a difference on my standard (non-EB) maps, I could respec and try it. I have stamina/superior conditioning/physical perfection that I would just reslot.

Either way though, that heal is a fraction of healing flames, which itself still isn't enough for EB maps... so my original question for an afk EB farmer remains unanswered.

Oh well. What map are you using with EB’s? I may test them myself.

9 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

Which maps have no -def?

I like to use 57969. Its a tunnel one with a click at the beginning to allow the mission to end at any point, and then you can casually move your farmer around to choke points so they pick up 3-4 groups at a time as mobs dies, then reposition. There's no patrols, so the lowbies are safe. No -defense attacks

XP/Inf solo at +4/8 - XP numbers based on Everlasting at 1.5 xp rate

• Minion - 8,544 / 5,979  === adjusted base xp should be: 5,629.33
  • LT - 17,088 / 20,504 === adjusted base xp should be: 11,392
  • Boss - 37,733 / 62,887 === adjusted base xp should be: 25,155.33
  • EB - 76,179 / 129,966 === adjusted base xp should be: 50,786

Your results may vary obviously depending on the server you use due to the variation on xp rates.