Issue 27, Page 7: Arachnos Changes

Ratch_

I see no mention of this in the patch notes, but the arachnos have been changed. Confuse from Mass Confusion and Seeds of Confusion from both a dominator and controller aren't working against them anymore, so I assume one of the critters is now granting a HUGE confusion protection buff to the entire mob. This feels like a giant "F U in particular" change targeted towards the sets that utilize these methods of control.

17 hours ago, Ratch_ said:

I see no mention of this in the patch notes, but the arachnos have been changed. Confuse from Mass Confusion and Seeds of Confusion from both a dominator and controller aren't working against them anymore, so I assume one of the critters is now granting a HUGE confusion protection buff to the entire mob. This feels like a giant "F U in particular" change targeted towards the sets that utilize these methods of control.

Arachnos has always been confusion resistant. I just tried this out with my Fort against a 4x8 spawn and they confused just fine.

The Fort boss did come out of pretty quickly, which is normal for them I believe.

Were there a lot of tarantulas in the spawn?

19 hours ago, Ratch_ said:

I see no mention of this in the patch notes, but the arachnos have been changed.

More information needed. Arachnos being such a large part of the game, if there was a change it should be documented otherwise it could be unintentional.

Good catch!

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

9 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

Arachnos has always been confusion resistant. I just tried this out with my Fort against a 4x8 spawn and they confused just fine.

The Fort boss did come out of pretty quickly, which is normal for them I believe.

Were there a lot of tarantulas in the spawn?

I'll get back in game later and check again just to identify which critter that has been updated...I believe it is from the Tarantulas Mistress yes. The spawns I was getting often has 1 or 2 of them in the pack. Testing at 4/8 solo.

I get they have been confused Resistant, but they have confuse protection now when before I never witnessed it. I know because on Beta my Mind Control T9 has absolutely no effect on entire mob when on live they do at least get confused for a bit.

Edited by Ratch_

Here, I did more testing and captured footage. Whatever change was added seems to be a duration ally buff, and 99% certain is from the Tarantula Mistress (maybe other variations within arachnos that share similar powers as her). I cast Mass Confusion with domination active and no effect happens. Eventually whatever ally buff is given to the mobs wears off and the confusion takes place. With multiple more attempts I am able to confuse them sometimes...for very short durations - maybe ~4-6s.  This tells me that the protection they have is greater than 5 and that the only time you're confusing them solo while the buff is up is from the Purple Confuse proc rng for stacking higher mag. When the proc duration wears off so does the confusion until the buff subsides.

Looks like there has been an addition, Tarantula Mistress now has Tactical Training: Leadership which is granting that confuse protection 

Captured this snippet while using Power Analyser

image.thumb.jpeg.08677235fe9e7de0af2ca8dd57dc0ebd.jpeg

I went back over to live to check a few groups of arachnos in there and I wasn't seeing any similar buff come out of the Tarantula Mistresses there. So yes, this would very much be an undocumented/unintended addition.

• Like 1

InGame: @10kVolts    |    Tenkay's Log Combat Parser

Actually, just an update to the above, I this isn't undocumented as we first expected, in the patch notes they did include this under Arachnos adjustments:

On 1/20/2024 at 3:07 AM, The Curator said:
  • General power tuning to have NPC versions of Arachnos mobs more closely mirror VEAT Arachnos Widows.

So this ability is very much part of those changes. You'll probably just have to start hard mezzing any mistresses you see to suppress the power.

• Like 1

InGame: @10kVolts    |    Tenkay's Log Combat Parser