Storm/SR notes, tricks, proc spots?

Thraxen

3 minutes ago, Exqzr984 said:

Storm is getting buffs? 

From the stuff currently in Beta, which can be found here:

Storm Blast

The changes detailed below make Chain Lightning more consistent of an attack, and the AoE output more consistent while keeping both ST and AoE performance the same as previous.

• Chain Lightning:
    • Chain decay per jump is 0.18, down from 0.20
    • Chain decay caps at 0.64, up from 0.60
    • Chain fork is now 1,1,1,1,2 instead of 2,2
    • Sentinel fork is now 1,1,2 instead of 2,2
    • Chain delay is now 0.3, up from 0.2
    • Chain radius is now 10', down from 15'
    • Damage scale now 1 and 0.04x4 over 2.2s, up from 0.827 and 0.10x4 over 2.2s
    • Recharge 16s, down from 20s
    • Accuracy improved to 1.15, up from 1.0
  • Category Five:
    • Eye Wall targets up to 16, up from 10 for non-Sentinels
    • Eye Wall is summoned after a 3s delay, down from 5s (same duration, so it now fades out slightly sooner too)
    • Now has 100% proc rate for Storm Cell procs if summoned while active.
  • Storm Cell:
    • Now has 100% proc rate for Category Five lightning if summoned while active.
    • Split between Lightning Split/Focused/Spread is now evenly 33.33% each, instead of 50%/25%/25%
    • Lightning (Split) damage scale now 0.7, up from 0.6
    • Lightning (Focused) damage scale now 1.0, down from 1.2
    • Lightning (Spread) damage scale now 0.4, up from 0.3
    • Lightning Lockout is now 1s for all, down from 4/3/2s (Focused/Split/Spread)
    • Knockdown and End Drain stats for all lightning normalized to 50% and 5%, respectively, regardless of which version hits.
  • Proc Chances:
    • Gust now has 35% chance, up from 20%
    • Hailstones/Jetstream now has 50% chance, up from 40%
    • Chain Lightning/Direct Strike/Cloudburst now has 70% chance, up from 60%
    • Direct Strike (slow) now has 90% chance, up from 80%.

Everything looks alright. I would place the ATO in Storm Cell instead of Ragnorok and then place another Decimation in Lightning Strike with damage procs since the build-up proc is near useless. Hailstone can proc a Force Feedback proc to help recharging everything even faster but then it has no place for a damage proc so I moved Apocalypse there to help prop its damage a bit.

You don't need Tactics (you're already over the cap to hit +3 enemies) or Maneuvers (you're over the softcap), but you can put them back in if you'd like, or aim for something out of the epic pools such as another AoE? The world is your oyster.

If it's a thematic character then forget it, but if not then consider Stone Armor since you get all the goodies same as SR (high defenses, recharge, recovery) but better psi protection and a damage boost from Brimstone.

Lightnin Thrax - Sentinel (Storm Blast - Super Reflexes).mbd

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Thanks.  SR is for theme mostly, kinda speedsterish.  May switch from leadership and take experimentation for travel.  Have the buff on my PB, would probably be nice on a Sent as well.  He is 31.  Gonna wait until changes go live before I invest anymore time with it.  I really wanna like Storm but it is a struggle.  

4 minutes ago, Thraxen said:

Thanks.  SR is for theme mostly, kinda speedsterish.  May switch from leadership and take experimentation for travel.  Have the buff on my PB, would probably be nice on a Sent as well.  He is 31.  Gonna wait until changes go live before I invest anymore time with it.  I really wanna like Storm but it is a struggle.  

Same, I love Storm, but it's hard to STAY in love with it. Perhaps the changes will help.

It's a great set to solo though. 33% defense (with Bio) and fighting real +4 (no level shift since recent level 50) in DA and surviving without much of a problem.

But dat damage output... it's some slow whittling of enemies.... Looking darn cool while doing it though, pity we can't ditch Storm Cell and Cat 5.

I have a Storm/SR which I will break out again after the changes...it does okay in teams, and is entirely focused on getting Cat 5 out as often as possible...interestingly, the issue I have with it is not the AoE damage, it is the ST damage feelsnlike I am tickling MoBs

48 minutes ago, PyroBeetle said:

I have a Storm/SR which I will break out again after the changes...it does okay in teams, and is entirely focused on getting Cat 5 out as often as possible...interestingly, the issue I have with it is not the AoE damage, it is the ST damage feelsnlike I am tickling MoBs

Same. My complaints about the set are the whittling of a single target and how I am forced to toss two patch powers (and heaven forbid if the mobs move away from them) for my ST. Other sets will stop using their AoEs to focus on their ST attacks.

I should actually test an ST run without Storm Cell and Cat 5 and see if the time lost casting those is made up by their lightning procs.

• Thumbs Up 1

I only team and storm is just slow.  either recasting storm cell all the time or watching it creep along.  I love the snipe power, or same animation on sentinels, or I'd have given up again on it.  We'll see.  I tried a cold/storm def and it is stuck too.