AI Generative Art

sbloyd

Mighty Lad was one of my all-time favorite characters from back in the day. So I remade him after seeing how Krea enhanced his older self.

Mighty-Lad-OGEnhanced.jpg

Adam Armstrong, age 16 and age 31.

Mighty-Lad-Man.jpg

• Like 4

I don't know how y'all have gotten Krea to deliver good results.  I just tried two of my heroes and the results were utter rubbish, far worse than anything I have attempted before.  There was a halfway decent simulated oil painting of one, but with so much variance in the design, it too was unusable.

38 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I don't know how y'all have gotten Krea to deliver good results.  I just tried two of my heroes and the results were utter rubbish, far worse than anything I have attempted before.  There was a halfway decent simulated oil painting of one, but with so much variance in the design, it too was unusable.

It’s pretty hit or miss. The farther away the character the worse it comes out. Plain backgrounds clearly help a lot.

1 hour ago, Trike said:

It’s pretty hit or miss. The farther away the character the worse it comes out. Plain backgrounds clearly help a lot.

Case in point, I dug into some of my old screenshots from before the shutdown and I found a couple of gems, but clearly the polish wasn't quite done.

enhanced-image-11b.png

I had to run this one through a second time because the first time without altering the prompt, it gave me my character topless.  Even with a description for a gray halter top and sleeves, I didn't get the sleeves or the glasses.

enhanced-image-13.png

This one was almost perfect... but no glasses (again).

enhanced-image-14.png

Got the glasses, but they're wrong.  Also got a choker from no where.  Hands are a little wonky, with the thumb of her left hand being cut short while the number of fingers overall was just wrong.  Lusca looks good, though.

screenshot-15.jpgenhanced-image-15.png

Almost perfect.  Glasses are slightly misshapen (forgivable) and the loop on the belt isn't threaded through the belt but sits over it (tolerable).  Hands aren't quite right, but they're not really wrong either.  Close up and solid background definitely helped here.

• Like 3

Even close up with a fairly consistent background, there can be issues...

enhanced-image-6.pngenhanced-image-7.png

Image on the left should have the chest detail of a large star with smaller stars circling it, plus stars down the legs.  Main star is visible but went from white to gold, while the smaller stars are barely visible blurs.  Stars down the left leg went from half visible to indistinct blurs.

Image on the right is mostly good, but the star detail over her heart just broke up into what looks like a bird pooped on her.

enhanced-image-9.png

I have a great action scene against a bunch of Crey, but for some reason my mask disappears and her face ends up looking at the floor, while the star on her chest gets moved to the right side of her chest.  The belt here is an accurate representation, but the big fight scene replaced it with a black belt with a couple of indistinct blurs where the capsules are.  In this one, her neck seems to have gotten lost in the costume wrinkles.

enhanced-image-10.png

This one is mostly good, but the thumb on her right hand is positioned weird and her costume ends at the neck when it should go further up.

enhanced-image-8.png

Close up perfection.  More detail in the mask than I anticipated, but I'm not complaining.

• Like 3

enhanced-image-5.pngenhanced-image-3.png

Image at left should have glowing eyes and the asymmetrical mantle showing for the cape... pink with a gold broach.

Image at right has glowing eyes but got the hairstyle a little off, and added cat ears from no detail whatsoever on her head.  Also left hand looks backwards.

enhanced-image-1.png

My first dual blades tanker.  It's awkward positioning, so I'm not going to hold Krea accountable for making a recognizable heart symbol on her chest... but her face paint should be the 50/50 with red on her left half with just red circle around her right eye.

enhanced-image.png

Jack-in-Irons looks fairly intimidating... my tanker, on the other hand, looks like she doesn't know how to us an iron.  Look at all those costume wrinkles.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Player2 said:

The first few images look like they lean more toward anime stuff, while the last three look more comic booky (or comic book cartoonish).  I've never heard of Fooocus.  I will have to see what else you show us, but this definitely looks like it has potential.

It offers a variety of different styles. It can do realistic images as well, but I forgot to try that the other day.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Player2 said:

and added cat ears from no detail whatsoever on her head

That’s what it did to Gato Blanco. As you can see from the pics where I have the name, Krea *can* read despite scrambling letters in most enhanced renders, so I wonder if it saw “gato” and decided “Yeah, cat ears!”

When I looked at the auto-prompts with the names (because I was shocked Krea got it right) it’s called out in a very specific way. Something like /*Mighty Man*/, so I’m going to try adding a sign in a render when I get home from work tonight.

Here’s Water Guardian again (see the bottom of page 19 for more).

IMG-6452.jpg

The Bing AI prompt I used was a stripped-down version of her bio. Words like “kupuo” and “Hawai’i water goddess” with the addition of “kelp skirt” and “abalone shell top”. The word “shell” seemed to confuse it, so I took it out. “Opalescent” didn’t add anything and “pearlescent” got the content warning for some reason. (I’m guessing asking for a woman wearing a string of pearls necklace will likewise be verboten. Rule 34 ruins everything nice.) Anyway, I just took out the adjectives and let abalone stand on its own.

Some of these are amusing but some are genuinely great.

IMG-6396.jpg
IMG-6395.jpg
IMG-6394.jpg
IMG-6389.jpg
IMG-6390.jpg
IMG-6391.jpg
IMG-6392.jpg
IMG-6393.jpg
IMG-6388.jpg
IMG-6387.jpg
IMG-6386.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Trike said:

That’s what it did to Gato Blanco. As you can see from the pics where I have the name, Krea *can* read despite scrambling letters in most enhanced renders, so I wonder if it saw “gato” and decided “Yeah, cat ears!”

When I looked at the auto-prompts with the names (because I was shocked Krea got it right) it’s called out in a very specific way. Something like /*Mighty Man*/, so I’m going to try adding a sign in a render when I get home from work tonight.

Mine didn't have a name attached, but even if it did it's Galavina... nothing catty about that (AFAIK).

My next guinea pig has been Angel Tina:

Angel.jpeg.82cd7549dc8029bb8fd7983ae406d5cd.jpegPhone(gamma).jpeg.92f2b566943ff1bd37878635cfd0abc8.jpeg

Foocus made quite a few stunning and gorgeous pics of her, albeit with some artistic liberty. It had an unfortunate tendency to botch details, such as her fingers on at least one occasion. Having her listen to music appeared to be a great idea, but then I began to suspect that it had misinterpreted her halo as headphones, despite having recognized it earlier. Or was it the laurel leaves? Only when set to anime did it actually reproduce the specific "talking on the phone" scene and depict her with laurel leaves, but then randomly failed to actually attach her wings to her torso.

2024-03-31_18-54-25_8043.thumb.jpeg.7696e8fbce6655f1035adf702e08c30b.jpeg2024-03-31_19-17-28_2879.thumb.jpeg.50a5038d3a32fc22c0715309100b640c.jpeg2024-03-31_19-51-32_2085.thumb.jpeg.c94bf8fb46bcf16b2a7b4bc1f41c470f.jpeg2024-03-31_21-39-25_7826.thumb.jpeg.ae335847fee1849e6b859b2ed328fe1b.jpeg2024-03-31_22-27-48_9749.thumb.jpeg.784e69ca5594c2b67456c6692cb6a26a.jpeg2024-03-31_23-10-14_3175.thumb.jpeg.94d463d819a5289d67e3db3eea78859c.jpeg2024-04-01_11-30-36_2608.thumb.jpeg.4c1add8715fb7831d98a14f9015ba5f5.jpeg2024-04-01_12-08-59_2802.thumb.jpeg.b229f7ebc3a1a07a9e5c1b346e965dc8.jpeg2024-04-01_12-46-26_6834.thumb.jpeg.ae37f9290c0a947027aee181ccb9a09e.jpeg2024-04-01_14-26-26_6260.thumb.jpeg.d5697eff93dbbdd9b06534666c090522.jpeg2024-04-01_15-21-22_9261.thumb.jpeg.e59f3ccb2cf593eb96c1332a14b558a8.jpeg2024-04-01_16-53-30_6335.thumb.jpeg.3738b91a6f0852c47730047cef3e6639.jpeg2024-04-01_17-28-09_9408.thumb.jpeg.5b73267fbf46990e62228d34ea02a6f0.jpeg

And one on the ground for good measure …

2024-04-01_19-16-00_2735.thumb.jpeg.fd9d6111946768930350675e5592f62f.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Decided to put Krea to the test again with another non-human, this time mixing all manner of animal parts together for a mish-mash monstrosity.  It's reptilian left claw should be balled up in a fist but instead has misshapen fingers bending down in all the wrong ways.  However, as a happy accident, I put the CoT organic-looking shoulder pad on her left side thinking it looked kind of turtle-ish in the colors I chose and instead I got a second head.  Nice!!

enhanced-image.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Decided to put Krea to the test again with another non-human, this time mixing all manner of animal parts together for a mish-mash monstrosity.  It's reptilian left claw should be balled up in a fist but instead has misshapen fingers bending down in all the wrong ways.  However, as a happy accident, I put the CoT organic-looking shoulder pad on her left side thinking it looked kind of turtle-ish in the colors I chose and instead I got a second head.  Nice!!

enhanced-image.png

Eh, who needs to sleep anyway? #NightmareFuel

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Corlagon said:

Having her listen to music appeared to be a great idea, but then I began to suspect that it had misinterpreted her halo as headphones, despite having recognized it earlier.

Were the prompts the same despite the different looks? Seems like the anime ones came closest to the game toon for some reason.

7 hours ago, Corlagon said:

2024-04-01_17-28-09_9408.thumb.jpeg.5b73267fbf46990e62228d34ea02a6f0.jpeg

This one looks really soft-focus to me, so I ran it through Krea. The result is quite good.

Angel-Krea-Enhanced.jpg

Edit: gave the screenshot a go, too, and it really looks good, hands aside.

Angel2.jpg

Angel2-Krea-Enhanced.jpg

Edited by Trike
  • Like 2

Couple of cyberpunk ladies.

First, Avatarex. (Hero.) I thought this would be quite a challenge for Krea but nope. This is the one and only render I did, because I think it looks great.

Next, Global Warmer. (Villain) This one took five tries. It kept giving her blonde hair until I finally went in and specified she was bald. Then it kept messing up her face and head. The glasses were hit or miss. The last try it got her overall look right but left off the glasses and messed up her face. So I cut the glasses off a previous render, stuck them on this one, then went in with a tiny 2-pt eraser to clean up the edges. Looks okay.

Global-Warmer2.jpg
Global-Warmer-Krea-Enhanced-Final.jpg

• Like 3

I found a screenie with a sign. Krea's auto-prompt correctly read it as "Tsing Guns" and I tried to change it to "Trike Mods" to no avail. No idea why it didn't likewise read "Ramen" on the other sign.

Princess-Bat-Broach.jpg
Princess-Bat-Broach-Krea-Enhanced.jpg

• Like 1

Tried one with a bio. It correctly read the name but nothing else. So weird.

Moon-Vixen-Bio.jpg

Moon-Vixen-Bio-Krea-Enhanced.jpg

One and done for Kit-Bash.

KitBash.jpg
Kit-Bash-Krea-Enhanced.jpg

Ran Badger Boy through twice. Not as good as Mighty Lad/Man but acceptable. First time through it thought the claw emblem was the letter A but it didn't come out A-shaped, so I specified "stylized paw print". But then it spelled his name wrong, for the first time messing up one of those. Wacky.

Badger-Boyshort.jpg

Badger-Boy-Krea-Enhanced.jpg
Badger-Boy-Krea-Enhanced0.jpg

...and I'm all out of credits for today.

• Like 2