AI Generative Art

sbloyd

Like my Atlantean above, I used the Blaster -> Ninja Training secondary with the elemental sword... this time to get an energy weapon instead of a watery blade.  And maybe it was the electric aura on the hands, but Krea interpreted my attempt at a lightning blade quite well.

ybFqTow.jpgenhanced-image-34.png

• Like 4

I tried to enhance Kara Skye here and was initially unsatisfied. Something about the face the system seemed to get wrong. Made her look cross-eyed and just... Wrong somehow. I guess it was triggering an "uncanny valley" response in me. 

So I went over to the side and opened up the "advanced options" and started messing around. And I bumped some sliders back and forth and got something rather unexpected. The face and body was MUCH closer to being spot on. But the details in how it all was rendered... Well!

Looks more like an OIL PAINTING that you'd hang up! 

Not precisely what I was going for - but I'll take it! 

Kara-Skye-Valley.png

Kara-Skye-enhanced-image.png

As Bob Ross might've put it - a happy little accident! 😆

Edited by Dynamo-Joe
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Took a shot at Krea, and when I wasn't quite happy with the results, I fed itself the output, then overlaid them in a paint program and combined the two... then combined the original over that... then fed it to Krea again.  Krea SURE likes wrinkles, doesn't it?

enhanced-image HT.png

• Like 4

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

It makes me wonder if games will be developed with good graphics in future or if there will be an AI overlay that reinterprets crap graphics in real time.

Edited by Herotu
  • Like 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

16 minutes ago, Herotu said:

It makes me wonder if games will be developed with good graphics in future or if there will be an AI overlay that reinterprets crap graphics in real time.

That would give a massive replay value to older games.

On the other hand, if people could just apply it to their older games they might not want to buy new games.  I suppose it really depends on what would cost more to develop, a new game from the ground up or applying the AI enhancement overlay to existing games.  I think when they get such an idea fine tuned enough that it can be done quick, easy, and cheaply then we will see a resurgence in old games repackaged with new graphics.

46 minutes ago, Herotu said:

Given what a moneymaker "remastered" old games are? Heck yeah.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

42 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I don't think that's the same as I was thinking. 

RTX Remix allows modders to easily capture game assets, automatically enhance materials with generative AI tools, and quickly create stunning RTX remasters with full ray tracing and DLSS 3.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

23 hours ago, Trike said:

Curious how it sometimes adds the glowing line to the boots. Just interpreting the reflection, I guess.

I now think it's because I have lightning in the source images I used to make the Lora. This image is from my SDXL v2 Lora and I made some mistakes. 😄

2570BBD6A91CA27E399FFA42ACE11FE5E9EC9B1AE2AFCCC468343A4E7B171060.jpg

Edited by Krimson

Honestly, I've been quite impressed with how Krea handles the auras and effects just fine, usually without misinterpreting them or having them obscure something else to make whatever unrecognizable (like mist/clouds at the feet and the feet still showing up correctly).  So let's play with some glowy effects and see what happens.

First up, celestial aura on the eyes and gloves to make those glove crystals shine.

vE4Z6V8.pngenhanced-image-10.png

Krea does indeed love those fabric wrinkles.  Eyes lost the mask underneath but the glow is still there.

Next, a bright aura over the hand, emanating from her glowing wrist bands...

59VBUEN.pngenhanced-image-12.png

Mask and chest symbol changed, but otherwise this came out fantastic.  I can actually see her right hand better despite the glow.

And now for lots of flashy aura light flooding the image from top to bottom:

6iPjT6W.pngenhanced-image-13.png

And it looks like the rings on her upper arms were flattened out a bit, but the rest of the costume details are spot on, including the glitzy glowing.

• Like 3

This should be fun with the coat clipping against the legs...

Sneaky-Stoner.png

Clipped areas translated as holes, as expected.  Looks fine, actually.

Only lost details in this one is her cigarette in both poses and the smoke from her mouth on the right.

enhanced-image-11.png

• Like 3

And one more to really try confusing the AI... a mix of light and darkness, a skull chest detail on a headless body...

screenshot-240329-03-23-24-1.jpgenhanced-image-16.png

That is the stuff of nightmares.  The Dark Armor soul noir effects in black added those black rags effect and the starburst aura radiating out of it is amazing.

• Like 4

Comparison time...  because I started the upscaling with the OpenArt AI, so let's see what Krea does with the same image.

Nice.  It added a choker for some reason, and got her glasses wrong... but didn't add straps to top and got her hair style and belt right.

I honestly like the pantlegs over the boots on OpenArt's version better, though.  The top of the folded boots looks like it's part of the pants, and Krea's looks like an extra layer between the pants and boots, just a puffy piece of fabric with elastic holding it in place.

V5zXmN2.jpgUxln1tZ.pngenhanced-image-11.png

Edited by Player2
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Krimson said:

New Lora running locally on vanilla SDXL. v3 is much better than v2.

Blue_Idoru__Japanese_woman__Dark_blue_hair_in_twin_tails__Blue_eyes__D_S2_St25_G11.3 (1).jpeg

Blue_Idoru__Petite_and_slender_Japanese_woman__Dark_blue_hair_in_twin__S5_St25_G11.3 (6).jpeg

Blue_Idoru__Petite_and_slender_Japanese_woman__Dark_blue_hair_in_twin__S4_St25_G11.3 (5).jpeg

Blue_Idoru__Petite_and_slender_Japanese_woman__Dark_blue_hair_in_twin__S2_St25_G11.3 (14).jpeg

Blue_Idoru__Petite_and_slender_Japanese_woman__Dark_blue_hair_in_twin__S1_St25_G11.3 (11).jpeg

Blue_Idoru__Petite_and_slender_Japanese_woman__Dark_blue_hair_in_twin__S0_St25_G11.3 (9).jpeg

Pushing it back towards manga really helps it. The exaggerated facial features stay out of the uncanny valley that way.

Edited by Trike

5 hours ago, Player2 said:

That is the stuff of nightmares.  The Dark Armor soul noir effects in black added those black rags effect and the starburst aura radiating out of it is amazing

Looks super cool though.

• Thanks 1

I was away from my PC yesterday and was goofing around with both Krea and Bing on my iPad. I wanted to try Krea on some of my pulp-inspired heroes, but all I had were quick photos I took of the monitor for use as costume references when making related characters, so the characters are distorted. Gave them a go anyway and they kind of turned out okay. Later today I’ll use actual in-game screenies.

Soul Sister

IMG-9323.jpg

IMG-6035.png

Masked Lark
IMG-9680.jpg
IMG-6165.png

Ace Club

IMG-9060.jpg

IMG-6166.png

• Like 2

I used Bing AI and DeviantArt’s AI to render a mouse character using the exact same prompt and the results were sub-optimal, but DA’s was especially bad. Unlike Bing where you can still render scenes after your credits run out, DA cuts you off. Bing is 15 credits a day, DA is 10 credits a week.

The shield really confounded both of them. Bing kept sticking Coke bottles in the scene, so I leaned into that after a while.

Prompt: “art station style, watercolor, a tiny mouse warrior wearing an acorn helmet, wielding a sewing needle and holding a metal soda pop bottle top as a shield”

Altered prompt: “watercolor, a tiny mouse warrior wearing an acorn helmet, holding a needle as well as holding a metal Coca-Cola bottle-top lid as a shield”

After endless iterations I finally got something close to what I was after from Bing:

IMG-6186.jpg

DeviantArt never even got near the neighborhood:

IMG-6188.jpg

The best versions. I also later gave up on the shield idea and had the mouse riding a bird, first a house wren and the a cardinal, but it never really worked.

IMG-6203.jpg

• Like 1

Also did a few more Dread Vilda shots. (I think I’m going to remake her to be less Red Sonja and more her own thing. Maybe white or very pale blonde hair to start.)

Prompt: “Epic fantasy, an ancient tomb lit by torches, action scene, dynamic pose,  a warrior woman like Red Sonja wielding a sword and fighting off mummies”

DeviantArt just completely ignored the “fighting mummies” part, but the photo realistic renderings are freakishly good. Once again Bing gave me two Caucasian and two African versions of the character, and I really like the Nubian Warrior Princess version of Vilda. I’m definitely going to make a character based on that, especially since there were real-world all-female warriors in West Africa: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahomey_Amazons Real life Dora Milaje from Black Panther!

Bing AI:

IMG-6198.jpg
IMG-6199.jpg
IMG-6201.jpg
IMG-6200.jpg

DA AI:

IMG-6204.jpg
IMG-6195.jpg

• Like 3