Fight animation

I've looked but I haven't found it yet, so I thought I'd ask...is there a fight animation for NPCs? Like the one you see with two NPCs "fighting" but they aren't really hurting each other. (and they usually decide to attack you together if you get too close). 

Don't think so, kemosabe. But some of the other folks might know better than me. I sure haven't seen it. Even NPCs with flight capability aren't always flying. Some patrols with flight movement will use it to travel up levels. But fighting in the air? Not that I've ever seen. (of course, I've never been looking for it).:-)

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

To quote Mike from The Young Ones, "I don't want to say anything negative, but no." AE mobs can't interact with one another outside of attacking. Best you're going to get is the 'menace' series of animations, which can honestly look pretty convincing. When they work. Which is roughly 50% of the time. There is a 'ground punch' and 'ground punch received' combo, however, if you ever want a mob just beating on another character.

image.png.222d3ac33fa4a005d68ba069a06772bd.png

It occurs to me that you could also use a Battle spawn in which all the participants have fast healing/decent defences and only basic or high-cooldown punches to attack with, so they'll fight but won't be able to drop each other. But again, you're making do.

UPS1xkf.png

6 hours ago, Defeat All Snakes said:

Please, we're not smarter. We've just made all of these mistakes and frustrating discoveries in advance.

You ain’t kiddin’. ‘Cept I keep making new ones.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.