I tried to break the world... WITH SPEED!!!!

What started as a random curiosity of "how big are base zones?" .... turned into a journey INTO THE UNKNOWN!!! Luckily, I'm Synaptic Spark!!! The fastest woman alive!!!

It turns out the bases "infinite water" ground plate is about 2 miles in each direction. Most zones in the game are roughly that big. Though I'm guessing independence port is more like 4 miles long?

Well.... after I found the edge of the water.... surely the bases couldn't go on much bigger. They probably made them big enough to never have problems. 10 miles? 20?

So I kept going.....

image.png.d783fe852303e0afc5d2271fd30aa013.png

Turns out, they go a little bit further.

But now it was a challenge of will. Was my speed great enough to unlock the limits of space? OF TIME?!

image.thumb.png.8de36a9264036bb4c9b2865b04ead263.png

Eventually others heard of my race.... and I was told what might happen if I kept going into the unknown.....

image.png.f7f819c92fe72aec84bb09c2c178110b.png

Glitches?! But there was more!

image.png.b93e1bd640f5d464ad6d8e5de1d688b9.png

I had to find out!!

So I kept running......

image.png.dba1dd9a18edae41564fb22a2aa907d4.png

And as I ran.... it was true.... I began to lose my connection with reality itself!!!! The camera no longer focused on me, instead it rotated around.... something else. Had I become something else?!

Not only that, but I began to vibrate as I moved further into the void!! It was true what I had been told! GLITCHES!! 

But....ending the world? Was it possible?

image.gif.33249ad726fec5522991159b995d9832.gif

image.png.8ff7581a450d85d5fb6082a697f5a673.png

Soon I had passed 800 miles..... but what else would I find?! I had to keep running!! 

image.thumb.png.7466f67885b9064cddfadab6b65ecc86.png

I was a comet in the void!! One with the speeeeed!! Nyooooom!

I had run 500 miles....and I had run 500 more.....BUT I WOULD RUN 500 FURTHER , to be the woman who fell down at your door!!

image.png.437edf570e3e93ef5af4847d0c088725.png

Some day, I will return to the void.... and see if it truly is possible to effect the outside world with speed.... for if anyone can do it, it is Synaptic Spark, the fastest woman alive!!

image.gif.044b9689ee883fb2d80699782aa27606.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Laucianna said:

Was defo fun to do myself! Not sure if I could ever beat your distance though!

Your distance is what truly unlocked the possibilities!! My first attempt was too short to get the glitching. But you discovered the camera glitches and then... I had to see what else was there! Speed vibration!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PancakeGnome said:

Your distance is what truly unlocked the possibilities!! My first attempt was too short to get the glitching. But you discovered the camera glitches and then... I had to see what else was there! Speed vibration!!! 

I have begun my run once more, if the world can be broken I WILL break it!

• Like 1

Isn't there one of the space-ganking games where it's possible to get light-years away from nearly everyone else, if you invest enough travel time? I recall a post/article something like this one, about a guy who spent a year (?) getting some insane distance out.

But in CoX, I've always been happy just to outline the zones. 🙂

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

3 hours ago, Laucianna said:

Does Pocket D also have an endless void to run through?!?!?

As Glacier said, all zones have that, but PocketD has a hole that hasn't been addressed.  I don't think devs are concerned with it.

Check the Pocket D Zone Tour he has in his sig.

You can't drop to the floor of the zone without being ported into the ski area (iirc), so flight is needed.  (Or a lot of TP...)

2 hours ago, lemming said:

As Glacier said, all zones have that, but PocketD has a hole that hasn't been addressed.  I don't think devs are concerned with it.

Check the Pocket D Zone Tour he has in his sig.

You can't drop to the floor of the zone without being ported into the ski area (iirc), so flight is needed.  (Or a lot of TP...)

Omg that's awesome! I need to get some pics on the empty Mothership 😄

• Like 1