Tri-Cannon Not Following Between Floors

This behavior was observed as a lvl 40 Arse/TA Controller. I was doing random policeband missions in Founders Falls and generally testing Arsenal Control and noticed quite frequently that the pet was not following me between floors within a mission. Returning to the floor with the stuck Cannon shows it sort of wigging out by the elevators but it never seems to resolve itself. Lastly, once caught in this behavior the Cannon stays fixed in this 'wigging out' loop in front of the elevators and won't follow me around on the floor we were previously on together.

Resummoning the Cannon on the new floor restores normal behaviors - until you go to the next floor.

After exiting the mission the Cannon is beside you and follows you in the zone as expected. Even in scenarios where the Cannon was previously 'stuck' at the elevators within the mission.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
On 1/28/2024 at 6:41 PM, UrbanHound said:

This behavior was observed as a lvl 40 Arse/TA Controller. I was doing random policeband missions in Founders Falls and generally testing Arsenal Control and noticed quite frequently that the pet was not following me between floors within a mission. Returning to the floor with the stuck Cannon shows it sort of wigging out by the elevators but it never seems to resolve itself. Lastly, once caught in this behavior the Cannon stays fixed in this 'wigging out' loop in front of the elevators and won't follow me around on the floor we were previously on together.

Resummoning the Cannon on the new floor restores normal behaviors - until you go to the next floor.

After exiting the mission the Cannon is beside you and follows you in the zone as expected. Even in scenarios where the Cannon was previously 'stuck' at the elevators within the mission.

I just noticed this running a Malta paper in Grandville, I thought it got blown up. Yet it just didn't follow me up the level.  It happened in the Lab floor set and not in the Office set. Imma keep looking at where the pet fails to follow

That's a bug with Crey lab map elevators, it's been with the game since at least Homecoming launched and very likely back on live.  Pets (including Mastermind henchmen), can get tripped up on Crey lab elevators and just wig out.  Only known fix is to dismiss and resummon.

Tri-Cannon failed to follow me between floors on standard Office Maps a few times yesterday.  It also didn't follow me into the bank on a Safeguard Mission, but I'm pretty sure it was just fighting all the Malta I ran past.

Has anyone tried the pet in sewers?  It may be the same pathing issue Phantasm and Singularity have.  Those two fliers won't follow you through the arched doorways in sewer maps unless you remain in line-of-sight until they are through.