Returning Player, Looking For Build?

Quietdraco80

Hello. I am returning after some hiatus, and looking on how to build around a Fiery Aura/SS/Energy w/ possibly Sorcery mixed in. If you are on Everlasting, I am Zangao on there for this character. My idea was to make it a mystic powered robot and go from there.

Mainly looking for advice on what I can do to make it work as well as slightly thematic powers that will add to it. Already having fun going around being a walking fireball and punching robot, but not quite up to the levels where I can get Energy Mastery and I am still on the fence and trying out the travel power options to see what works for me.

Thanks for the help in advance and looking forward to brainstorming this out to be the most fun for myself and teaming up with others.

Welcome back, if you like Fire Armor we'll get along just fine 😄

Fire/SS is a combo I've briefly touched but the Rage crash drove me away. You can also do fancy things with Ice, Claws and etc, but if SS is working out for you then carry on because having fun is no waste of time. And you can transfer money and gear between alts anyway.

Regarding Sorcery you can take it, or you can use the tailor and add mystical auras to your character and just take whatever you would like to travel. I am an avid Flying aficionado myself though since I like to fly while in combat that means I stick to the Fly pool since it has Hover.

I had this old build, but it's expensive and not for leveling, but if you need one a version of it for leveling and cheaper I can cook something. This one has 40% defenses to S/L (45% with Barrier) and the 77% resistances is at a sweet spot to become nearly 85% with a second stack of the ATO in Punch which then becomes 85% with Barrier.

Tanker (Fire SS).mbd

• Like 1

@Sovera Thank you! Build looks interesting even if I'm trying to remember a lot of what all of it means here. I'm honestly here for the fun and to make it work out. Fiery Aura just seemed a natural. I feel I should ask before I get too far into this, what's the usual problem with Rage? It looks like some sort of brief power boost with a cooldown? I've not gotten to using it yet, so just asking at the moment.

I believe, as odd as it sounds, this is my first character with SS. Which is a new experience that is fun. I have enjoyed punching things so far, and just got to Hand Clap which is fun as hell.

22 minutes ago, Quietdraco80 said:

@Sovera Thank you! Build looks interesting even if I'm trying to remember a lot of what all of it means here. I'm honestly here for the fun and to make it work out. Fiery Aura just seemed a natural. I feel I should ask before I get too far into this, what's the usual problem with Rage? It looks like some sort of brief power boost with a cooldown? I've not gotten to using it yet, so just asking at the moment.

I believe, as odd as it sounds, this is my first character with SS. Which is a new experience that is fun. I have enjoyed punching things so far, and just got to Hand Clap which is fun as hell.

It's the other way around and what makes SS a strong set. Rage lasts for one minute giving 80% damage boost plus enough accuracy that we can get away with not slotting accuracy in our attacks (to put it in perspective every other set's equivalent of Rage is called Build-up and lasts for 10 seconds to give the same stats, it is up every 30 seconds or so). On top of that we can add lots of recharge to it (unlike the build I posted) and DOUBLE the Rage by using it again before the duration has ended for a brutal 160% damage boost.

But the downside is that each time Rage ends (it always 'ends', even when used before the duration finishes) our damage is reduced to 0%, our defenses are reduced by 20% (even if playing a resist set like Fire Armor this is bad and the reason I have Lightning clap in the build, so when that vulnerable moment happens keep on spamming Lightning Clap and Footstomp to keep mobs flopping instead of hitting you), an a chunk of your endurance is eaten away. If stacking Rage this happens twice as often.

SS gives a lot of power but it has its downside.

I wouldn't worry too much about stuff though. Just keep buying what you can afford and slot it in (read my newbie signature for money making tips), and if you eventually decide to play a different character, well, you just transfer all the gear you bought to the new one. There is no reason to avoid buying stuff because it might be a 'waste'.