Characters missing and deleted characters showing again.

Just logged in today on my lunch break to find my main character on my primary account is gone.  I have hundreds of hours and close to 1000 badges on this character.

I also went on my secondary account and there are characters on there that i deleted weeks ago.

Anyone else seeing this?

Characters disappearing and deleted ones reappearing is very unlikely.  However, what happens quite often is that the character LISTING, which is stored locally on your computer, gets screwed up.  We've seen that happen a lot.  This is the file that keeps track of the character position in the list when you move them around.

The file is under /Homecoming/accounts/(your account name)/playerslot.txt

There will be one of these in each account folder.  Try deleting that and see if it fixes it.  Deleting this file doesn't delete anything, it just removes the record of what order they are displayed in.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

4 minutes ago, Relvinian said:

I cannot delete characters which were old, i can delete new characters i just made.

Try clearing playerslot.txt, the method is given in Ironblade's post just above yours.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Make sure you're on the correct server. If you are, it's likely that the character select screen has shuffled around your toons. Did you search for the character by name?

1 hour ago, MedievalMatt said:

Just logged in today on my lunch break to find my main character on my primary account is gone.  I have hundreds of hours and close to 1000 badges on this character.

I also went on my secondary account and there are characters on there that i deleted weeks ago.

Anyone else seeing this?

How much did you drink at lunch?

• Haha 2

...and the price to return your main will be... ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

image.png.a8c2690ce54b89f3a954a9511e3f3541.png

• Haha 1

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.