Any good builds for Shield/Elec?

Pitbull_1973

6 hours ago, Pitbull_1973 said:

I'm looking for a good build for a Shield Defense/Electric Melee tank.  Does anyone have any good recoomended builds for this?  Prefer current as I've got one from around Page 4, but alot has changed since then.

Try this one. It's from an old mids but still should open and allow you to save to the new format.  If not I have the updated version - just haven't uploaded it here yet. 

Shield in most cases is top 2 in terms of survivability - just depends on what you are facing. 

Ultra Infinitum - Tanker (Shield Defense - Electric Melee).mxd

19 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Just do a search for "Invulnerability" and control the results by username.

Search 'Invulnerability' for Shield Defense? Not trying to be rude, but that doesn't make sense. Am I missing something?

15 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Try this one. It's from an old mids but still should open and allow you to save to the new format.  If not I have the updated version - just haven't uploaded it here yet. 

Shield in most cases is top 2 in terms of survivability - just depends on what you are facing. 

Ultra Infinitum - Tanker (Shield Defense - Electric Melee).mxd 5.25 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for this!  I will look this over as soon as I can. (may just have to install Mid's on my work pc 😄 )

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pitbull_1973 said:

Search 'Invulnerability' for Shield Defense? Not trying to be rude, but that doesn't make sense. Am I missing something?

The basics for the Resistance powers aren't exactly hard.  They're a semi useful formula regardless.

Also, I had shuffled through multiple posts that day and thought I was responding in an Invuln thread.

Hey!  I'm a Tank!  The only think I'm supposed to use my head for is catching blows!  AND I'M DAMN GOOD AT IT!

• Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

40 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

The basics for the Resistance powers aren't exactly hard.  They're a semi useful formula regardless.

Also, I had shuffled through multiple posts that day and thought I was responding in an Invuln thread.

Hey!  I'm a Tank!  The only think I'm supposed to use my head for is catching blows!  AND I'M DAMN GOOD AT IT!

No problem at all. I suspected it was something like that but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.  I appreciate your response anyway.

3 minutes ago, Pitbull_1973 said:

No problem at all. I suspected it was something like that but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.  I appreciate your response anyway.

No biggie.  Legitimate question.  And I wouldn't honestly remember if you hadn't asked.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 2/4/2024 at 6:50 PM, Infinitum said:

Ultra Infinitum - Tanker (Shield Defense - Electric Melee).mxd 5.25 kB · 8 downloads

I'm looking over this build (excellent work by the way) and I have a question.  Its an extremely minor nitpick, but I'm just curious if I'm missing something.  On Weave you opted for a Shield Wall: Defense/Recharge instead of Shield Wall: Defense.  Does Weave need a Recharge buff?  Would it be better to go for a higher Defense buff instead?

6 hours ago, Pitbull_1973 said:

I'm looking over this build (excellent work by the way) and I have a question.  Its an extremely minor nitpick, but I'm just curious if I'm missing something.  On Weave you opted for a Shield Wall: Defense/Recharge instead of Shield Wall: Defense.  Does Weave need a Recharge buff?  Would it be better to go for a higher Defense buff instead?

That is a good catch. It wouldn't change the defense by much but any little bit with no cost trade off I am all for. It was a mistake on my part in mids. In fact, my actual in game build has everything but the end rec shield wall. And the unique - of course because it's already in Battle Agility. 

Thanks for the catch and the compliment!