Attuned Enhancement question

Bummer... can you even get a generic attuned IO somehow? If so, how? Or are they restricted to sets alone?

The purpose of attuned sets is so that those sets aren’t level-locked and retain their bonuses across their entire level range. As I would love to see the answer in print:

Why would you want Attuned Common enhancements?

So I can slot at 7 and not have to replace it until I am 50 and doing sets?

If you use Attuned set IOs, you can slot them as soon as those sets become available and keep the bonuses whether you Exemplar down or play at 50.

Sure, which relies on finding set pieces that cover what I want in the price range I want. Plus most of the ones I can slot at low levels reach their peak at 30.

If I could do it with basic IOs, I could equip them at 7 (or 10, whichever) and they would keep improving until I hit 50.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

• 8 months later
On 6/22/2019 at 4:16 AM, Sakai said:

While we are here can you Boost a Hetacomb or other purple?

I think you boost them as the set bonus you get at any level without attuning them.

theyre basically attuned by default so attuning them does nothing. Literally: 

boosting them however does give them stat bonuses so what you can do, is 5 slot a hecatomb instead of 6, remove the damage only slot and then +5 the rest and you’ll get the same damage as if you 6 slotted. Leaving you free to place an invention IO or a LOTG recharge or some other proc.

ive been back for ten days since 2012 so if someone could clarify this I’d be glad because I’m still unsure on what to boost/ attune. 

• Thanks 1

For Purples, you are correct that they are attuned by default.  PvP IOs are basically this way to.

So, yes, if you have the funds, boosting them, excluding the Proc, is a good way to go.

For regular set IOs, boosting vs attuning depends largely on what you are after.  Attuning is better for you if you want to be able to exemplar down or if you want to slot them while leveling.  Boosting is better for maxing out a level 50 only build.

edit:  And you can buy the IOs attuned on the market.  It is cheaper and easier than trying to buy catalysts.

Edited by Caulderone

1 hour ago, Caulderone said:

For Purples, you are correct that they are attuned by default.  PvP IOs are basically this way to.

So, yes, if you have the funds, boosting them, excluding the Proc, is a good way to go.

For regular set IOs, boosting vs attuning depends largely on what you are after.  Attuning is better for you if you want to be able to exemplar down or if you want to slot them while leveling.  Boosting is better for maxing out a level 50 only build.

edit:  And you can buy the IOs attuned on the market.  It is cheaper and easier than trying to buy catalysts.

If I wanted to both be good at 50 but also at 30 ish onwards, some sets are day 25-50 so I could live with not attuning those. As I’d get the set bonus for 22+? 

But say say I have some which are 40-50 I’d want to attune those because I’d lose the set bonus for all content below 40? 

I’m just not sure which are which. 

So so far I’ve gathered.

purple sets= +5

ATO = make superior

lotg 7.5% recharge / one off’s and similar do nothing with 

invention IO’s = +5

what I’m not sure on is which sets, i.e numinas, shield wall, aegis and other orange level sets, to attune vs +5 

For IOs with a level range, you either get a specific level or you get attuned.

If you have an IO set at level 50, the set bonuses only work down to level 47.  If you have that same IO set at level 35, it works down to level 32.

If that set has level 25-50 range, you can get it at any level within that range, and it will work to 3 levels below that.  If you attune them, it will work from level 22-50.

Every IO in the set slotted into the power will affect this, so if you have mixed levels of the IOs, you get varied levels for the set bonuses.  Example:  If you have 3 slotted from a set, one IO at 50, one at 40, one at 30, the first set bonus will work down to level 37, the 2nd set bonus down to level 47.  You could attune the level 50, and then the set bonuses would work down to 37 and 27.  But, then you couldn't boost the level 50 one.

Here is the wiki with detailed info:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Enhancement_Set_Bonuses

Edited by Caulderone
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, PhoenixV117 said:

If I wanted to both be good at 50 but also at 30 ish onwards, some sets are day 25-50 so I could live with not attuning those. As I’d get the set bonus for 22+? 

But say say I have some which are 40-50 I’d want to attune those because I’d lose the set bonus for all content below 40? 

I’m just not sure which are which. 

So so far I’ve gathered.

purple sets= +5

ATO = make superior

lotg 7.5% recharge / one off’s and similar do nothing with 

invention IO’s = +5

what I’m not sure on is which sets, i.e numinas, shield wall, aegis and other orange level sets, to attune vs +5 

If you plan to exemplar here's the simple rules,

1. Attune all no purple sets (attuning is the process of either buying it attuned or catalyzing a non attuned)

2. Attune ATO's once you hit lvl 50

3. Do not attune purple sets, they are attuned by nature, +5 them if you want

4. Regular io's: get the io lvl to be 3 levels above the lowest level you will exemp to in a power that is available at that lvl. For example if you regularly exempt to 22, use 25 io's in any power that would be unlocked at 22.