Finding New Life in Old Characters ( Characters I have not played in over a year)

Like most everyone here, I am an altoholic. I have way to many characters to play and way to little time. I have been focusing on my all Fire/Fire/Fire builds recently but for a break I have been switching between these three types:

1. 50's that just need IO's in them. 

2. Characters that are the closest to 50. 

3. Characters that have not been played for a long time (longest last played dates.)

The third option is what I wanted to rant/rave about. Had an amazing time playing a toon I had forgot about. She is a Psychic/Ninjutsu scrapper with weapons mastery. It was amazing running her through missions and I forgot how quickly she can kill things. 

Anyways my point is try some characters you haven't played in a while.  The general question is how do other altoholics pick who to play. 

PS> No build advice pls there is another forum for that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have like 12 regen alts that i made in may 2019 that are just fucking waiting.

but mostly i wait around for the patches and pages to play old alts.  my dark melee alts blew up on that page.  my dark/fire/mu brute is one of my favorite farmers due to all the dots

but then said alts get to vet level 15 or so and kinda "max" out and dont get played

and then every now and again I make an alt like an ice/trick arrow corr who traded in the origin starter power for a Taser to light my own slick on demand and that alt suddenly skyrockets to vet level 211 because of how god damn fun it is(was).  just alternating ice storm+blizzard with ice storm+oil slick on any group activity level 25 and above was..  remember that one king of the hill episode where hank realized that propane can be a dirty girl?

but then as you are sitting on a mountain of corpses that would make the personification of olympus mons flinch you wonder why even anymore and just go back to making whatever other alts out there

• Haha 1

This has been my project for the last two years.

Each month, spending time on one alt.

Getting as far as I can  build wise, badges, etc.

Been great!

I love tinkering with builds.

No MIDS, except when things are truly not working.

Edited by JasperStone
  • Like 2

/e poofgone

I do this just as the mood strikes me, or if say I logged in on some toon to check for some free Inf and then see a call go up for something I want to do.  I usually play a toon I'm enjoying leveling up, mostly though, or trying out a new toon to see if it grabs me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I quite enjoy revisiting characters I've not played in a while but sometimes I'll take a look at their slotting and be like "WTF?!?! What was I thinking?" and that in itself is a new lease of life as I rediscover their foibles, strengths and weaknesses and also what I liked about them in the first instance.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.